Gone Farrell...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Imagine
Vessel Make
Farrell 34
Went and did this....

img_378003_0_f5a0aa81da8878f3a4ca91dca741bee7.jpg

So I figure I better join the floating asylum of TF. Lots of interesting reads to be had here. I am already seeing many well-thought answers to questions I haven't even asked yet.

Loving my new piece of freedom (at least to me), a Barry Farrell 34 trawler, Izuzu V-drive. Looking forward to meeting like-minded folks in the La Conner area and beyond.

I winter in baja and summer in the Pacific Northwest, lucky for that. Boat is gonna stay north though.

I've built small wood boats, had one in the PT wood boat show twice, rowed the length of the Willamette River, rowed about half of the San Juans, sailed around inside and out, finished 2nd or 3rd in the Oregon Offshore to Victoria once, motored halfway up the inside passage, propped rocks, dodged barges in the fog, fouled/recovered anchors in remote places (I seem to be good at that), been towed by the coasties once, and so on...experience is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it! Got plenty of that and I'm sure there is more to come.

Hope to see you somewhere between baja and BC! :)

Welcome!
Where in Baja do you winter? La Paz?

Went and did this....

img_378051_0_f5a0aa81da8878f3a4ca91dca741bee7.jpg

Loving my new piece of freedom (at least to me), a Barry Farrell 34 trawler, Izuzu V-drive.
Great choice.
You will see Farrells all up and down the coast, mostly among the fish boats in civic marinas. Just look for headlights in the bow :blush:.
Most will still be churning away with their old Isuzu.

Found the listing...nice.

Last edited:
Welcome, really nice looking new ride! The little propeller (at the bow) symbol I guess means there is a bow thruster?

Bow and stern thrusters, woot!

Is like cheating. This boat can go up-channel sideways! But now I have no easy excuses for screwing up at the dock.

Big fan of the Farrell bow and flare. Just looks tough!

The Land Cruiser of boats.

NS, that is a good analogy.

Means I got a floating land cruiser for the north and my old Nissan Pathfinder for Baja Sur, hoy!

She looks great, congrats.
This is the first time I notice a fwd hatch opening towards the cabin. Mine have always opened fwd. It may be common, and I just never noticed.
Enjoy!

Welcome, really nice looking new ride! The little propeller (at the bow) symbol I guess means there is a bow thruster?

Why don't all boats with thrusters display the symbol?

Great boat you have there. I hope you enjoy the ample woodwork.

Thanks for all the welcomes! We got outside the local channel today for a run up towards Deception Pass, nice day for a cruise, nobody else out on the water...
img_379290_0_92ecb8953add22b540dd03a30882134a.jpg

Shaking down and getting to know this boat and all the systems on board. Makes good time over the bottom with the tide running in my favor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom