Pettit EZpoxy2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brooksie

Guru
Vessel Name
Island Seeker
Vessel Make
Willard 36 Sedan
For what it is worth...
I just had one of the biggest paintjob failure ever using the new Pettit EZpoxy2. I have used a lot of Perfection with great success but the customer's requested color was only available in EZpoxy2 so I figured, how bad can it be? BAD This stuff is impossible to tip off w/o brush marks regardless of how much or little thinner is used and worse, it changes color to a lighter shade (blue) as you tip it out. I won't be using this stuff again ever.

For what it is worth...
I just had one of the biggest paintjob failure ever using the new Pettit EZpoxy2. I have used a lot of Perfection with great success but the customer's requested color was only available in EZpoxy2 so I figured, how bad can it be? BAD This stuff is impossible to tip off w/o brush marks regardless of how much or little thinner is used and worse, it changes color to a lighter shade (blue) as you tip it out. I won't be using this stuff again ever.
Brooksie, the only way to get EZpoxy to work is to put it on really thick and let it settle itself. I've had really good results loading it on, then working it a bit with a foam brush then LEAVE IT ALONE. That said, I don't use it anymore because its practical life is only a couple of years before it starts to lose its gloss.

Talking about EZpoxy2 not EZpoxy.

Do you guys roll and tip 2 part paints? Last year when I was painting a little skiff with Perfection I tried to roll and tip it. I discovered that by just rolling it on thin and leaving it alone, it flattened right out. I just screwed things up when I tried to tip it. Of course my standards are pretty low.:D

Do you guys roll and tip 2 part paints? Last year when I was painting a little skiff with Perfection I tried to roll and tip it. I discovered that by just rolling it on thin and leaving it alone, it flattened right out. I just screwed things up when I tried to tip it. Of course my standards are pretty low.:D

Yes, roll and tip. A spot we missed w/ the tip brush bubbles hardened into craters.

For what it is worth:
Just one more thing to finish my tirade about EZpoxy2 and I promise I'll shut up. Today, I sanded it all off, did the whole job with 2-220 discs (34' boat). It just FLEW off. If that had been Perfection or AllGrip, I'd still be sanding and on my 25th disc. It has NO abrasion resistance whatsoever, a line or fender would abrade it in moments.
You have been warned.

I have used Sterling (two part) on fiberglass boats, roll and tip works great. For airplanes it is best sprayed on.

Back
Top Bottom