Rigidboats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N43 Genesis

Vessel Name
Genesis
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 43
Has anyone had experience with rigidboats for a tender instead of a RIB?

We looked at them before we bought our Boston Whaler. Thought they were nice but quite expensive.

I have a 12 ft, center console built in fuel tank, which I bought new in 2010 with a 30 hp Tohatsu. The best part is the stability while standing on its sides to load or unload. The next positive point is the interior space inside the tubes. The only negative side is its not as forgiving when docking against a hard surface as a rubber inflatable. I added a second row of rubber guard (supplied by them) and I understand the factory now includes it on its new models. A major improvement. Not much more in cost then a similar inflatable. Solid ride although not as soft as the inflatables but the same as a Whaler. I would highly recommend one. The owner, Art, is very accommodating and supportive of his product. They also make a solid cooler.

They are very nice people to deal with. I've been selling their coolers for many years and the coolers are very high quality.

The drawback that I see is they have the same problem as inflatables, small interior space for their size. They don't have one of the advantages of an inflatable, they are not big inflatable fenders.

They will outlast an inflatable by a long time.

Oh yeah, Welcome Aboard!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom