Eric's Anchoring Horror!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MurrayM

Guru
Vessel Name
Badger
Vessel Make
30' Sundowner Tug
Eric...you can now retire your entire anchor collection (including the dozen or so on your boat) to a tasteful lawn ornament display. I give you, the future;

Nooooo...that's way to slow. If you want a true amphibian you need one of these....

Invented in NZ...of course...
:D

Why... Why does the pilothouse... Move?

Why... Why does the pilothouse... Move?

I would think that the ramp is for loading cargo in the forward section of the hull. The pilot house must move to give visibility during the beaching process. Just a guess.

It's nice Murray to have a gift in the morning but my I-pad and Hugh's Net won't play it. Hugh's Net is bad here up the valley (Skagit) so I'll have to wait till I get to Starbucks ... tomorrow.

By the way I only have 7 or 8 anchors and only carry 3 on the boat now. I'm working on my two experimental anchors so only have a Claw (big) on the bow and a Danforth backup. It's a rainy day so I'm anticapating working on my Hogback Supreme.

By the way I only have 7 or 8 anchors and only carry 3 on the boat now. I'm working on my two experimental anchors so only have a Claw (big) on the bow and a Danforth backup. It's a rainy day so I'm anticapating working on my Hogback Supreme.

Eric, did you ever think about joining AA............... (Anchorers Anonymous). Hear they have a program for boaters with the addiction. Once they figure out the Scope of your problem, they can put you on the right Rode so that you can Claw your way back. :rolleyes:

Ted

Ted,
Now that's a good one! VERY clever.

Obviously my addiction's not only my problem. Have you ever noticed the length of anchor threads?

I have seen the Murray version in Alaska. It is better than the other one as it can take the rocky coast. I have seen everything from backhoes to building materials on these....

Cute stuff,
My I-pad is fine here in Starbucks. We're going to AT&T after to investigate a better server that Hugh's Net.
Must have powered wheels (or wheel) in the 2nd one. First time for ... Haden's seen anything like that. What a hoot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom