Old 10-04-2015, 09:44 PM   #7
dhays
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by bligh View Post
Pretty sure the 39 and 37 are the same boat and the 40 has a stretched out cockpit. Both cummins and volvo are available in all of the boats over 32 ft according to the mfg.
Dont hold your breath for prices to fall.
Best of luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
The 37, 39, and 40 all come from the same hull mold.

The 37/39/40 are 37 feet at the waterline. The 37 and 39 are just under 40 feet overall, although some have a bow sprit that adds a few feet of length.

The key difference on the new 40 is the cockpit extends to the back of the molded swim platform and an additional bold-on swim platform extends the LOA.

The biggest difference between the 37 and 39 is the interior layout. The 37s have the guest room to port and the head to starboard. The 39s have these switched, with the key benefit being a much larger helm area. I actually prefer the layout on the 37 because I find the large pilothouse chart table is way more useful than a wider helm console.

I'm in Anacortes and am happy to show you my boat if you make it up this way. With a little advance notice I could probably take you out for a quick ride too.
I knew I would get informed responses. Thanks a lot guys.

Retriever, that is an amazingly generous offer. Not able to take advantage of it at this point, but who knows down the road.

A NT37 would be great for us, not too big, two cabins so we can take our married children along comfortably, pilothouse, just about idea. If only my wife didn't want to remodel the house....

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote