View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 12:21 PM   #242
LRC58Fan

City: SanFran
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF View Post
UGH!

Having to crawl across the bunk to the foot of the bed might be good for an O nite guest , but not for me.

Where does the guest sleep underway? , even skinny boats have lots of motion forward.
I agree - I think the entire bed placement is a rather strange layout for a boat that is a passage maker. The only bed seems to be in the very front - which is the last place you want your bed to be during a rough passage.

The center area seems like a waste of space in the current layout. I know the designer is likely trying to minimize loss of space to hallways - but the result seems to be a boat for two people right now.

Also - I think it needs better handholds, perhaps on the ceiling for moving about the cabin in rough weather.

The boat seems to have good fit and finish - and Dickey seems good at that, but I really wish he'd chosen a boat builder who had built many ocean crossing boats before - ideally aluminum sailboats.

I still need to be shown that this boat is good in rough weather and long distance.
LRC58Fan is offline   Reply With Quote