TF Southeast Florida Gathering?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was really hoping to make this part of my annual cross country road trip, but I'll be in Baltimore taking an ECDIS class :(

When is this supposed to take place? Will be in western FL (Longboat Key) Jan & Feb. If it's during that time, and if Don supplies the JD, I will make every attempt to make it, even if I have to crawl cross country through alligator infested swamps.

David, it will be starting February 16th, but some will be coming in over the weekend before. So, if boats come in on the 16th it should be really rolling on the 17th. We'll put your part of the program on the 17th.

Another teaser from LarryM's presentation that Eric (manyboats) will want to fly over for. One of his cruising tips will be "how to get your anchor to set and hold on a 1 to 1 scope".

PS: For crawling through alligator infested swamps for a drink of Jack Daniels Old No. 7 you will probably earn a spot in the Jack Daniels Hall of Fame. If you don't make it, we'll take a picture of whatever is left of you and submit for Honorable Mention.

Last edited:
Don: In the car we saw you driving a few weeks ago? :)

Larry, what you saw was my short Short Bus. A picture of my Short Tour Bus is in post #42 of this thread.

When does the event end?

When does the event end?

When you are sober enough to drive your boat?:D I plan to be here for a few days before and after. Really feel free to wonder in and out when you like. As I said it will be very informal. It will be mostly meet and greet with maybe a couple of informal docktail parties. There will be conversation, and do bring the wives and SOs. If a few want to go up to the Vero Beach Outlets, I will see if I can arrange it. I usually always have a pot of coffee brewing, so bring a cup over anytime.

If you haven't been to the Navy SEAL Museum it is a must do. One of the exhibits is the actual life boat from the Maersk Alabama with the window shot out.

There are really good folks here on TF.

Last edited:
When you are sober enough to drive your boat?:D I plan to be here for a few days before and after. Really feel free to wonder in and out when you like. As I said it will be very informal. It will be mostly meet and greet with maybe a couple of informal docktail parties. There will be conversation, and do bring the wives and SOs. If a few want to go up to the Vero Beach Outlets, I will see if I can arrange it. I usually always have a pot of coffee brewing, so bring a cup over anytime.

If you haven't been to the Navy SEAL Museum it is a must do. One of the exhibits is the actual life boat from the Maersk Alabama with the window shot out.

There are really good folks here on TF.

Hope somebody is going to post a list of off limits topics for those conversations. Having an anchor debate / brawl could be dangerous in a right to carry state. :rolleyes:

Ted

I was really hoping to make this part of my annual cross country road trip, but I'll be in Baltimore taking an ECDIS class :(

It's too bad that we will miss you Dave. You could have made a presentation.

Who's doing a signaling class? Better yet who has the biggest horn?:)

It's beginning to look like the boat I'm on will be in the Miami show, for sale, so I'll have to be there during and for a few days after for the breakdown. Once we can move it will be a quick run up to Ft Laud to put boat in a marina for display/showings.
If I get a chance I'd like to make the drive up to Ft Pierce, maybe for a day trip or something, only 90 mi.

It's beginning to look like the boat I'm on will be in the Miami show, for sale, so I'll have to be there during and for a few days after for the breakdown. Once we can move it will be a quick run up to Ft Laud to put boat in a marina for display/showings.
If I get a chance I'd like to make the drive up to Ft Pierce, maybe for a day trip or something, only 90 mi.

No, No! You have to bring the 120' boat. Can anyone say PARTY? The show will start when BerettaRacer gets here.:D

Just kidding of course. Hope you can make it.

I'm putting this get together on my bucket list. I started the "loop" today from Kemah, should just barely be enough time to meander to Ft. Pierce.( if a cat is allowed)

Rafe

I'm putting this get together on my bucket list. I started the "loop" today from Kemah, should just barely be enough time to meander to Ft. Pierce.( if a cat is allowed)

Rafe

Sure thing. Come on over. Dogs are allowed also.:D

Form fot TF SE Florida gathering

For those planning on attending the TF SE Florida gathering, please send by private message to me as much of this info as you are comfortable with sharing. A private message will keep the info from being announced to the world. Only I and the NSA will see it.

At Scott's suggestion (he's old, and has trouble remembering things) we plan to have name tags for everyone.

1. TF Handle

2. Boat Name

3. Your Name

4. Spouse or SO Name

5. Date of Arrival

6. Date of Departure

7. Coming by Boat or other means

8. Cell Phone #

9. Any Birthdays or Anniversaries during this period

10. Add your comments and suggestions here

Don't forget to make your reservations directly with the marina. Also, remember that there can be significant current in the marina. If it is a problem for you, we will try to get you a tie on and end dock until slack tide. On the floating docks there are in slip pump outs. The FPCM Dock Masters are good, and we will try to have a couple of more members here to assist you.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I thought I would give this a little bump. With the thread about marinas filling on the east coast, it would be good to get your slip reserved for the gathering. Fort Pierce City Marina is very popular for both winter residents and transients. Besides, you will not want to miss the fabulous programs lined up for you.:D

Hey guys, I thought I would give this a little bump. With the thread about marinas filling on the east coast, it would be good to get your slip reserved for the gathering. Fort Pierce City Marina is very popular for both winter residents and transients. Besides, you will not want to miss the fabulous programs lined up for you.:D
I have met some brave souls in my travels.....you are rising to the top of that list.... :eek:

My defense is... " yes Senator, I have no recollection of the promises Don made..." :D

Last edited:
I'm going just to see Dons "Short Bus", my wife got to drive his Mercedes. I want equal time at the helm (of the short bus)

So is their a set date? As long as it's a weekend, me-thinks i'm in. May throw a little electronics power-point together if y'all want.

So is their a set date? As long as it's a weekend, me-thinks i'm in. May throw a little electronics power-point together if y'all want.

Thanks, Oliver. You're great to offer. Everyone wanted it the day after the Miami Show. Some will be coming in over the weekend, and you would be welcome to come then. Or you could come in the afternoon. Probably Tuesday would be best for that. Anyway, hope to see you.

Here are some restaurant choices

This one is a long walk, but good.
12A Buoy - 181 Photos - Seafood - Fort Pierce, FL - Reviews - Yelp

This one is at the marina
http://tikibarandrestaurant.com/

This one is also in the marina, and a little more upscale.
Cobb's Landing

The following are short walks from the marina.

2nd Street Bistro

Rinelli’s Yellow Tail - 11 Photos - Seafood Markets - Fort Pierce, FL - Reviews - Yelp

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...fq=1&tbm=lcl&rlfi=hd:;si:17208357688011938038

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...fq=1&tbm=lcl&rlfi=hd:;si:14808243176963260091

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bangkok-In-Downtown/382236468454348

Bakery, coffee, and breakfast sandwiches

Importico’s Bakery Cafe

Pretty long walk, but full breakfast and lunch

Captain’s Galley Restaurant - 14 Photos - Diners - Fort Pierce, FL - Reviews - Yelp

In addition to these food will be available at the Saturday Farmers Market next door to the marina.

A 7-11 is at the corner of 2nd and Orange. If you need to get to Publix, we'll see if we can arrange it.

May throw a little electronics power-point together if y'all want.

I sure hope the rest of us who can't make the party get a chance to see this, too! Is HH going to be there? If so, his shots will be eagerly anticipated, too!

You know what I want. :dance:

I sure hope the rest of us who can't make the party get a chance to see this, too! Is HH going to be there? If so, his shots will be eagerly anticipated, too!

There will be no pictures because the the glare off Ted's boat will make proper lighting impossible.

Last edited:

Worry not, Al. I'm already putting the finishing touches on some of the photos now, even though they haven't been taken yet.:socool:

The holidays have passed. It is time to make your marina reservations for the SE Florida TF gathering. Hope to see you there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom