The Pod Parted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update by the OP:

The saga ended today. The boat is finally repaired and back in its slip. My buddy brought her in at high tide. Tomorrow his son gets married and we will have a double celebration.

Howard

Wow. That's a horrible story.

Boat behind me on my dock has IPS drives. The owner was told by the authorized Volvo dealer in the marina that IPS drives could not be properly winterized for in water storage. They recommended that he have the boat pulled for the winter.

Boat behind me on my dock has IPS drives. The owner was told by the authorized Volvo dealer in the marina that IPS drives could not be properly winterized for in water storage. They recommended that he have the boat pulled for the winter.

Is he saying it can't be winterized in the water or saying it can't be winterized and then returned to the water for the winter?

"VOLVO unresponsive?" Hey, there company motto is: "buyer beware." There's a reason why VOLVO "enjoys" having the worst customer service in the boating industry.
They don't care.

Is he saying it can't be winterized in the water or saying it can't be winterized and then returned to the water for the winter?

He said that he was told that the antifreeze could not be put in some portions of the IPS system while it was in the water. I'll ask him if it the boat could be launched and still stay properly winterized.

He said that he was told that the antifreeze could not be put in some portions of the IPS system while it was in the water. I'll ask him if it the boat could be launched and still stay properly winterized.

There are several things that can't be done to an IPS while it's in the water. My guess is that it could be returned to the water and towed to a slip, but I'm not certain. Will be anxious to hear the answer you get. Of course most people who go to the trouble of hauling it out and winterizing it would just keep it on land anyway. The exception I think of would be someone who lived aboard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom