View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 08:20 PM   #93
Off Duty
Guru

City: Tampa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sortie View Post
Interesting topic. Just turned 73 and just became a widower all in the same month.
My sincerest condolences

Quote:
Also just renewed my Masters 100T for the 8th time. Still work part time as a boat captain for a tour boat company. Don't have the physical stamina I used to have, so I hire some things done, both at home and on the boat. My next masters renewal is in five years, and I will be 78. Will hang the ticket up, but not boating. We will judge that as best we can at the time. As long as I have my whit's about me and can operate safely I will keep boating Was out driving the mussel car yesterday, I need to be careful there, very easy to forget who you are and what your doing. LOL
Awesome!

Quote:
Dad sold his last boat when he was 82, mostly because of mother's illness. The last year he had it a young man ( under 30) asked him why he wanted to keep a big boat at his age. Answer "Because I want to, I can afford to, and I choose to. That alright with you"?
I like your dad's attitude!

Quote:
I don't know the author of this quote but it seems fitting. " Life isn't a journey to the grave with intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, boy thoroughly worn out, and screaming " Whoo-hoo! WHAT A RIDE"!
Damned Skippy!

Quote:
We get too soon Old- and to late smart.

John
Ain't that a fact!