TF Southeast Florida Gathering?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prefer after.
We'll be driving over from the left side. Don since this seems to be your show. How about a hotel recommendation close to the marina ?

Prefer after.
We'll be driving over from the left side. Don since this seems to be your show. How about a hotel recommendation close to the marina ?

There are really no motels near the marina. They are all clustered around the Turnpike/I-95 exit on Highway 70.

Last edited:
To get to the boat show this year you can use public transportation all the way from West Palm Beach. You take Tri-Rail south to Miami. Transfer to Metrorail and get off at the Vizcaya Station. Shuttle buses will take you to the show.

If you come by boat, anchor near Dinner Key and take the water taxi to the boat show.

Don't drive to the boat show, there is no parking. There is plenty of parking on the main land with shuttle buses and water taxis to the show.

This show location will be a lot easier to get to than the Miami Beach location. Just take advantage of all the shuttles and water taxis.

Greetings,
Will there be dancing girls?

giphy.gif

You know it's sad but there seem to be fewer booth babes every year.

This will be my first get together what activities are done how do we participate this is in my back yard?

This will be my first get together what activities are done how do we participate this is in my back yard?

It's great that you are coming. This will be a pretty informal affair. No plans set in stone as of yet. You can come in a few days early or stay a few days later if you want. We are just fleshing out what everyone would like to do.

If you have never done our Farmers Market on Saturday mornings, I recommend it. It usually has pretty good live music. I love the Jazz Jams on Tuesday evenings. We will probably do some cocktail dock gatherings. Bring a folding chair an hors d'oeuvre,and join in. We can also tour the boats that everyone brings. It'll be pretty loose, and I will bring my 8 passenger Short Bus for those wanting to go to the Seal Museum or Marine Connection Liquidators.

Oh yeah, there will probably be some boat fixing going on.

This will be our first planned SE Florida gathering. If it is like others from TF I have met, you will leave with some new friends.

So far everyone has said that after the show is better. Fine with me, but if you would like before the show let it be known. How about hearing from the west coast guys?

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to a ride across the lake. I'm not sure of crew... I might be solo

Don, we might be taking our land yacht, small 24 ft RV. Any place near by for that sort of thing?

Don, we might be taking our land yacht, small 24 ft RV. Any place near by for that sort of thing?

Treasure Coast RV Park and Fort Pierce KOA are here.

So far everyone has said that after the show is better. Fine with me, but if you would like before the show let it be known. How about hearing from the west coast guys?

I'm in regardless of the dates. When their set, I will make my reservations.

Ted

I'm hoping the dates won't conflict with my grandson's first birthday party. If it does, I'll be bummed.

I might make the trek via car.

Don,

Drove up to Ft. Pierce on Sunday to look at our lot (deepwater in Queens Cove). Had lunch at Cobb's Landing. Nicer than I remember it being!

ERIC

We may all be in trouble. Young Oliver is old enough to have a drivers license.
I know, we can let him drive the bus. He's still too young to drink!

A designated driver. Splendid idea. Hopefully there won't be a shortage of designated drinkers...

Forky
1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

OK, it's coming together now. We have several classes and seminars lined up. Oliver will give a talk on installing and networking Faruno electronics. Larry (Healhustler) Will give a long dissertation on how to spend your entire retirement rebuilding a Manatee. Forky will give a demonstration on the proper etiquette of using a transom shower. There will be an unveiling ceremony of the Sarca ExCel. Ted and Scott will give a seminar about how to untie the lines, and actually leave the dock. Other activities are under consideration.

By the way it has been discovered recently that Parks' (HopCar) marine distributorship has just been a front for his illegal Cuban coffee import business. He will be here if he makes bail.

The second day class schedule is shaping up. Capt. Jack (Sailor of Fortune) who runs the ocean going tug Atlantic SALVOR will do a class on towing. Among other things he will cover is what to do when the tow hawser weighs many times the weight of your boat.

LarryM on HOBO who has cruised extensively with give his best cruising tips such as "do not deploy your paravanes before departing your slip".

We will miss Richard on DAUNTLESS as he has fought his way past the Loch Ness monster, and is now cruising the British Isles.

Last edited:
Greetings,
It IS unfortunate some of our western members can't attend. I hear Mr. mp's lecture on "How to take a picture of anything and everything" is quite riveting and Mr. mb's talk "Buttocks-The bottom line" is quite informative as well.

The second day class schedule is shaping up. Capt. Jack (Sailor of Fortune) who runs the ocean going tug OCEAN SALVAGER will do a class on towing. Among other things he will cover is what to do when the tow hawser weighs many times the weight of your boat.

LarryM on HOBO who has cruised extensively with give his best cruising tips such as "do not deploy your paravanes before departing your slip".

We will miss Richard on DAUNTLESS as he has fought his way past the Loch Ness monster, and is now cruising the British Isles.

Don, per chance, do you have the name of the marina correct? I only ask this as you can't seem to get Sailor of Fortune's vessel name correct. It's Atlantic Salvor. :nonono:

Ted

Thanks, Ted. It has been edited. I'll check the name of the marina on the sign as I go to dinner in a few minutes.

i have just learned that David (dwhatty) may be coming south sans boat this winter. If we can work it out he will give his program on his cruising season in Maine. His talk will consist 90% of de-winterizing and winterizing.

i have just learned that David (dwhatty) may be coming south sans boat this winter. If we can work it out he will give his program on his cruising season in Maine. His talk will consist 90% of de-winterizing and winterizing.

Don,
Thought we had agreed that I was going to do the seminar on de-winterizing and winterizing.

Winterizing: Go to Florida in November.

De-Winterizing: Leave Florida in April.

Ted

Don't worry, Ted. David will probably be snowed in.

I hear Healhustler is putting finishing touches on the photos already!

There are really no motels near the marina. They are all clustered around the Turnpike/I-95 exit on Highway 70.

Aren't there taxis available?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom