Don't Miss A Stop In Norfolk-Waterside Marina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pgitug

Guru
Vessel Name
Escapade
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37 2002
Fifth year running we pulled into Waterside Marina in Norfolk. The dock master, John, is very welcoming and helpful with anything you might need. Protected floating docks, fixed sea wall dock, great 30 & 50 amp electric service, two story indoor mall for the ladies and transportation to provision. All at $1.50 pf. One of our favorite stops.

Waterside Marina is open. We are tied up there now. We Will be here until Sunday.

Fifth year running we pulled into Waterside Marina in Norfolk. The dock master, John, is very welcoming and helpful with anything you might need. Protected floating docks, fixed sea wall dock, great 30 & 50 amp electric service, two story indoor mall for the ladies and transportation to provision. All at $1.50 pf. One of our favorite stops.

That's not to mention a mall and grocery store within walking distance.

That's a really fun place to dock, though it can be a squeeze getting all the way in there. Plus great things to see and do within walking distance!

uwhhDEK45xIPXwfshQfqCdVV1YAeNSl12cu2aXQr3fapw_qUhjUIIrc9QKiX80-OJE4z54PM6bMCQNFjWWSD5RVUEAmQKub-O87jaL5yio2MM-CWedQIGnW9cG9YkVKUQAtVM5vT9Y_AL-57MZdy6B5twfsvNdf4285UOHZRZoJNQ4BVd1QE7oC6SF0fN6Vf1lm5tL3q7gFfQJqTs5XFDDdmmxLdvvwY2zq5Ymre22bAT8jopgDu0kUlqQurb5AIb0qynksZcCdBD06C32txDUgMiP59kP5uJGQDj32a_O2rjtFtz8JHaN6Avp-WfZLqwKtVX2SknBD99q7hHmLSFQdMoi-hJXEPctXgsMNnww5tgu6GHLi6KNe_uD0-C2teWMiQHr1tBZD4Xqcatlr70dO02LqwxQ5VTRXfSHpgbAfv7EqpIWqlthq1bLi3g7UykYL42Yl4mHuqsCaLxgsP2waFm6UWoZuRAsDf2h20R91n5dSrnWTr7CWsQd03hC7_UXbojeAjFGGH-jfJxm8EugXm8j57wFtyvOCQgfW99jw=w906-h679-no

p__QTIE4ocyfnTgCMM18VzxmeNqcxg1-FWgIm_45xlrDWxYze3FJ_YEabWznV039MJAQNoO-d7OCOcy4zKp1PERxSKQycfpEgksNyww9oKEiAdebjKkCgBQUB8oKZ88OjjAvzicxsnCGhBWLU1U5hFLYMdKiZmsqfqoETATvX8Zy0Ktmwr1aVJgsdGrq4v8H6dIysdKEUeyj6cHfXaT_Ic7wJDhW_dbP9kuXJfo8d4xH-VN1XSHkGuGq4vQEBLmguxckJKnFJIGOR7Uu7vkX5PhaIxyle1cnQuEA1avcoVUxflJbpCgBSTM9LLAkGfCMKTABgVYqgconrl4QIT5_dlvbwWoMLRxeH4kHSiz6kJ36ipUo39Q-mbWUWDB8ppVkBEy6WeuoXkytQm8a2T65ZuPbz9a1UUmoBEIZxsBBX8xG1s8lal-nxY3ZAvZzUn6jGaoIZjaLBJEn3ANuBjCNrWFqiUI-abOYj7Ou8mIXGo1-zmHs62XhrRuMUBEaQ9uvUJiOjiCuNuRQNYXNn4ocWu4fTX38_kKRH2HbAoIP1kE=w906-h679-no

I was under the impression the Waterside Festival Marketplace was closed and supposedly going to be redeveloped as Watersidelive. Perhaps that's what SaltyDawg was referring to? What is open there now? I'd read elsewhere reviews talking about all the closed shops and restaurants?

It seems like a nice marina and should be a great location if everything develops. I imagine too that right now it's not crowded due to the problems with the development beside it.

I was under the impression the Waterside Festival Marketplace was closed and supposedly going to be redeveloped as Watersidelive. Perhaps that's what SaltyDawg was referring to? What is open there now? I'd read elsewhere reviews talking about all the closed shops and restaurants?

It seems like a nice marina and should be a great location if everything develops. I imagine too that right now it's not crowded due to the problems with the development beside it.

macarthur mall is three blocks away. Two story modern mall with shops for the ladies and Apple Store for the men. Local Pubs, CPK and Starbucks in the mall. Free rides around town by using Electric "Fred" provided by the city. Chrysler Museum and a beautiful newly remodeled City Library. ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1443141876.090545.jpg

Can I get into Waterside? Many of the older members remember my old avatar pic with the HOOTERS girls. Well those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it.
We are going to Norfork Naval shipyard to deliver a crane barge in early Oct and need a place for the crew to play, I mean tie up for a couple of weeks. Hooters is closed, but there must be something else around for entertainment.....? Don, Lena and Larry will be sworn to secrecy, or else.

I don't think wake action will affect me, if I have 21' of water , I will muscle my way in, this boat was in there in 2008 for a visit. We will use pilings instead of dock cleats.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom