Duck Boat Crash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder what the heck happened.

According to a radio report people on the Duck said the driver was describing the sights on either side of the bridge when the Duck suddenly swerved and then there was the collision.

Just got back from my marina on the Fremont cut. My slip neighbor is a work-boat captain who comes in and tells me he heard on his VHF that the Duck boat lost a wheel, at the moment they speculate a broken axle. The Duck swerved as a result and collided with the bus.

It's 20:01 and the bridge is still closed.

Boston has a huge fleet of those duck boats and every summer they are on the news for something,crashing,drunk operators,the tourists love em

This is an old thread I know, but I see there was a $123 MILLION damage award from that accident. Accident caused by a broken axle on the duck boat.

The Seattle “Ride the Duck”. Has gone out of business. They never really recovered from this accident. In the end they filed bankruptcy and closed the doors.

The antiquated things were never designed to be on public roads. One wonders who they pay off in these cities to do so.

Back
Top Bottom