Preparing to Cross the North Sea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dauntless at rest, western end of Lock Ness.
Locks closed until tomorrow.

Attachments

• Dauntless.jpg
    Dauntless.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 79
I was there as a kid, but I thought the lake was land locked. very very cool....Say hi to Nessie!!!

I thought It was landlocked as well. No idea why I thought that. I guess I assumed 'Loch' was the local term for lake. Maybe it is.

Wayfarer FTW It's Loch guys :)

Looks like Richard is indeed afraid of Nessie as he is about to exit the Loch. The Caledonian Canal is beautiful I got to anchor in Loch Ness one night. It's was pretty eerie you know, just wondering, what if....!

Well looks like Richard is not quite out of the woods and spending the night in Loch Ness after all :) Lets hope Nellies not up to her tricks, I'm sure Richard could use a good nights sleep.

Awesome news!

Will Richard be dauntlessly trawling for Nessie?

The World Wonders....

:D:D:D

Later,
Dan

Awesome news!

Will Richard be dauntlessly trawling for Nessie?

The World Wonders....

:D:D:D

Later,
Dan

Richard and Dauntless could take on Nessie with one arm and one paravane tied behind them. They are fearless.

Have you used passageweather.com ? I have found it to be very reliable and easy to use for both wind, wave, & pressure forecasts out to ten days or so.

Safe trip

Loch Ness is "Locked" at both ends...Inverness and at Fort Augustus at western end. It used to be land-locked until the locks were built. At western end the locks take boats into Loch Long and Loch Lochie before exiting to the sea at Loch Linnie and Fort William, if I remember correctly.

Scotland has both fresh water lochs, as in Loch Lomand, and salt water lochs, as in Loch Linnie. The above three, mentioned first, are all part of the Caledonian Canal, which effectively splits Scotland in two.

Ian

I bet that would be an interesting route. Is it possible to see the Scot's national animal along that route?

No, the national animal of Scotland is the Unicorn. Probably off with Nessie somewhere.

I see that he has made it to Dublin. He must be totally exhausted. Richard, Is this going to be your winter home or are you heading furture south in Ireland? Great job making it there!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom