Over Night In Orange Beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kartracer

Guru
Vessel Name
M/V LUNASEA
Vessel Make
45ft Bluewater Coastal
Any ideas of where to go ????

Kids or no kids? Lullu's is probably the best little kid friendly eating establishment with plenty of activities for them. They are pretty proud of their menu though, being from La. you have experienced better food.

Bear Point Marina is convenient right off the ICW. Nice outdoor cafe', food just ok. Further to the west is the Wharf, great marina and a nice development with everything you need.

I have miss stated my intentions !!!! My bride and I are planning on taking our boat out for the weekend. The boat has been in OBA for 4 months with engine trouble and we finally got it fixed this week. Looking for a good place to anchor and down a few.

Not too many anchorages in Orange Beach. There a a couple further east that I have used near P'cola. Ft. McRee Cove and Ft. Pickens, more or less on either side of the P'cola entrance channel.

If you are looking for a creek anchorage Soldiers Creek off Perdido is very protected. No restaurants anywhere near. I have seen a few sail boats anchor in Terry Cove just off the marked channels. That's near Sportsman Marina. Ships Harbor Grill is a good restaurant there.

You can anchor just off the island in Big Lagoon. The Oyster Bar Restaurant is by the bridge.

I was looking on Active Capt. how is Ingram Bayou

Have not been there. I have been by car to the Fla. Bama yacht club but if your boat draws more than a foot you won't make it.

Ulyssses - you are a master of understatement! I had the misfortune to go to Lulu's a couple of weeks ago. Snotty non-service, junk out of the forozen plastic bag "food", high prices. But, you have the privilege of supporting Buffet's sister.

Well worth the run to Big Lagoon for the Ft. McRee anchorage.

I was looking on Active Capt. how is Ingram Bayou

Anchored over night several times in Ingram. Very well protected, tranquil setting can get buggy w/ no wind in summer. Only had at the most 3 other boats use this anchorage while we were there. I give it a 4 star rating.

sbu22: Not much of a privilege, you said it better than I could. Acme Oyster House across the creek from Lullus is the furthest east I have found real New Orleans bread and po boys. I guess that are part of a chain now nothing like the old Acme.

Ulysses - are you the fine looking Romsdal that I've seen at Homeport marina (I think that's the name) - anyway, the marina next to the Hwy 59 bridge and adjacent to Lulu's?

sbu22: I was she is now up in the fresh in Demopolis. Planning on bringing her back down to Bayou La Batrea for some work,then over to La. (somewhere yet to be decided)

I've anchored once on a sailboat in Pirates Cove in Josephine . It was fun.

I've anchored once on a sailboat in Pirates Cove in Josephine . It was fun.

Yep, a fun spot. Well protected and nice if they have a band on the weekend. It's definitely a tourist trap for the locals but you have to do it at least a few times a year.

Ft. McRee is a great anchorage. It's deep and very well protected. Much less activity there this time of the year but still busy on weekends. If you anchor there best during the week. If you approach it from the west stay in the IC until you get close to the entrance where the water is deepest.

Also another spot is in the no wake zone just off the west end of Bird/Robinson island. Not a place you want to anchor is you like solitude but the water is deep and it's right at Perdido pass if you tend run on the outside.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom