Head of the line (you don't want this)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy8321

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Hannah Bea
Vessel Make
Tiara 4000e
Been having problems with my vacuflush lately. No matter how little paper you use, it would clog. I tried plunging, changed the duckbills, tested the vacuum switch. There isn't anything really left to check.

Decided to "snake" out anything that might be stuck in the hose, couldn't get the snake past the 90 degree bend in the base.

Decided the hose must go, and started the process......

No one I know nor boat yard I have spoken with have ever seen nor heard of the problem I uncovered.

I have included pics of a COLLAPSED wasted hose. You will notice it is just past the 90 degree.

BTW, this heavy duty ribbed waste hose.

Attachments

• 20150922_113440.jpg
    20150922_113440.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20150922_113456.jpg
    20150922_113456.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 68
That head must really suck.

The installation instructions specifically call to avoid 90 degree bends. They even have a little score sheet to add up the various best practices (or lack of) to "grade" the installation.

The installation instructions specifically call to avoid 90 degree bends. They even have a little score sheet to add up the various best practices (or lack of) to "grade" the installation.

I agree totally, BUT;

The toilet base has a molded 90 degree elbow on it which is where the hose attached, after the 90.

I've been thinking about how it could possibly have happened. The only logical answer *I* have come up with is the possibility that it was kinked on original installation to get it into place. Once kinked the sidewalls are weakened (these hoses have molded ribs, not wire reinforcement). When plunging at some past time when the suction of removing the plunger with ball open and weakened sidewall.......Didn't show up until first TP was flushed.

Is all this TMI? lol

Paul

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom