Ahoy - Couldn't resist that one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loadmat

Greetings All, New here - was actually linked here from a scale-modeling site - happy it linked here - this is interesting to me as my Dad was a commercial fisherman when I was young. He crewed on a 58' trawler called Hero out of Florence, OR., then a 72' trawler called Margaret E out of Coos Bay, OR. Dad & Mom saved their nickles & dimes and bought an Owens Craft named the Tomahawk chartered out of Florence, OR. I like the gallery - reminds me of those days of youth :)

Welcome to the Trawler Forum!

loadmat, welcome to TF. Is "Caldwell" the Caldwell, ID we drive through periodically? You're a long hike from the coast.

Welcome to the forum! Are you a scale model builder? RC? Are you researching a build, maybe?

Yes it is Caldwell, Id. & a long hike to the big pond, and, yes I am a scale modeler, both static and RC. I've been trying to find info for a scale build of the Margaret E that Dad crewed. Contacted Oregon Fisheries and Maritime section of their bureaucracy but no leads there. next time I'm over Coos Bay way, I'll see if there's any leads. I'm restoring a scale model of the 58' Hero that Dad and I built (well - he built, that was 50 years ago) it will go back to my oldest Son who had it in storage for years.
Again, glad to be here - great site and friendly folks!!:)

Hi Loadmat and welcome.

If your memories are of your dad crewing on a fishing trawler, please be advised that this site plays fairly fast and loose with its definition of a trawler. Some fantastic people with great boats but very few, if any, "fishing trawlers"

cheers

My local definition of a trawler, here catching shrimp-bait in Mare Island Strait:

Thanks - I browsed the site and made the connection to how "Trawler" is used :) I was relating my "Nautical" connections connections as a kid.
There's alot of beautiful "trawlers" here :)

Back
Top Bottom