number of bilge "sumps"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gabe n Em

Guru
Vessel Name
Volans
Vessel Make
2001 PDQ MV 32
I've got a question for the 1980s mainship 40'ers out there:

How many different areas are there in your bilges for pumps? I initially thought everything forward of about halfway between the engines drained to the pump under the sole in the v berth and everything aft drained to the area right between the engines.

I admittedly have terrible access to the bilges other than in these areas. The other day I was moving one of the boards for the batteries (slightly foreward fo the engines) and had the chance to poke around in there and found a space loosely barriered off from the pumps fore and aft of it. It would flood into the other two after about 4-6" of water filled it initially. There was also an old pump that had had the wires clipped and left (a test revealed it to be entirely non-functioning).

I now fear another "sump" area aft, near the fuel tanks and a final one at the stern. we have the cockpit model amd the generator is in there, blocking my access to whatever bilge might be there.

how many of these weird "sumps" do you have?

I've got a question for the 1980s mainship 40'ers out there:

How many different areas are there in your bilges for pumps? I initially thought everything forward of about halfway between the engines drained to the pump under the sole in the v berth and everything aft drained to the area right between the engines.

Same here but different boat. Each sump has its own pump. Never seen standing water astern of the engine located midship under the pilothouse.

3 bilges (that I know of!) each with its own pump.

Richard

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom