Old 09-19-2015, 02:48 PM   #21
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtree View Post
I'm the guy who sold the K-380 horns referenced in the first post. They were significantly under rated for my boat (45' rated on a 65' boat). I ended up upgrading to the D-0A horns and compressor package which is IMO certified for up to 65', and I'm 64.5'.
I'm the guy who bought the K-380 horns from Twistedtree. (Thanks again, Peter!!) They're proudly installed on my 34 footer. When I first tested them after installation in my slip, the USCG crews who are docked behind my slip gave me an approval cheer.

They are appropriately sized for my vessel and are very loud! I have a fwd stbd door and felt they'd be too loud to use when the door is open so I mounted them on the port side. I try to always warn crew and passengers before sounding the horns.

The final cost due to an insurance claim on damage to the horns in shipping resulted in a final cost of 0.164 BU. Best $$ I've spent all year on my boat!

Model K-380 Chrome | Kahlenberg

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote