Greetings from new member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lutz

Hi Guy's

Great to be on board.I am located at Lake Macquarie, NSW Australia. I work on my own stuff mostly so keen to exchange ideas on building or fixing stuff.

Cheers,

Lutz

Welcome to the forum, from a fellow Island Gypsy owner.

I am sure you will find lots of great info here.

JohnP

And greetings from another fellow downunderite, if I can coin that term? Keep an eye out for developments on the cruising Downunder board Lutz.

And if information is what you're after go way back in the archives and get lost in or smothered by all the information of the past. Take some to the bank, put some in the trash and ponder the rest. Have fun and get to know some of the guys.

Welcome aboard Lutz. I hope you enjoy this forum. The members are great and our moderators do a fantastic job.

Thanks Guys'

I feel elcome already!

Looks like a great forum.

Anyway, a little brekkie and i'm off to work on my baby...lol

Cya all

Welcome on board Lutz.
There's a few Aussies on board and we have our wee section for local news etc.
Do you intend to head north in your vessel in the near future.
let us know if you do we may be able to catch up enroute.

Welcome! You Aussies talk funny but all I have to do is hit my Google 'translate' button.

Chip 'the redneck hillbilly'

Hi Litz

My Boat is in Sydney but I currently live in Perth. Welcome to the forum. I am fairly new to the forum as well but I have found it fullof great info even if the majority of the members live upside down lives.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oops sorry Lutz for wrong spelling of your name!!
blankstare.gif

Rebel wrote...
"I am fairly new to the forum as well but I have found it full of great info even if the majority of the members live upside down lives."

On that last point, I know it shouldn't make any difference, (actually it's us who hang upside down, according to conventional depiction of the globe), but I must say, I found my instinct for direction, you know points of the compass, and which way to go when emerging from the Underground, etc, decidedly 'off', when we were in the UK recently. Why do you think that would be, unless we do normally sense things a bit like the birds/animals etc, and this gets screwed up when we change hemispheres? After all, it does affect the rotation of cyclones - and the plug-hole vortex, interestingly.

Peter B wrote:
After all, it does affect the rotation of cyclones - and the plug-hole vortex, interestingly.
* * * * Not to mention the diection of flow in the toilet.

Peter B wrote:
... but I must say, I found my instinct for direction, you know points of the compass, and which way to go when emerging from the Underground, etc, decidedly 'off', when we were in the UK recently. ...
*That's understandable.* UK is haunted as evidenced here in Dover Castle:

img_54201_0_810cdaa17375f4b2e3eaa4de3ebd6912.jpg

(The ghostly image was not in view when Perla took the photo.)

Yeah but Peter who wants conventional?

And I am with you on directions in the Northern Hemisphere. Generally here in Oz I am spot on. In our recent trip and other we have made to France and the UK I have to be very deliberate in fixing direction.I have tried to explain it in the same way you are thinking but my wife just thinks its my excuse for stuffing up as in Oz she is not very good but in NH she seldom has trouble. Go figure!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom