Bruce roberts pcf 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

longbeard

im working on a pcf 40 thats never been completed. I have a cummins 4bt that i would like to install but need help selecting a transmission,shaft and propellor.
Im learning as i go so any advice would be helpful as i dont want to work backwards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 221
Have you checked what the plans call for? His plans are usually fairly thorough and offer options of engines, transmissions and props. If that does not answer your questions, visit his website and leave him a message. He is very responsive to questions or comments.

Stu

Welcome to the forum, Longbeard.

That seems to be a heavily modified Bruce Roberts PCF 40. Maybe the hull is a PCF design, but the cabin is substantially different.
I almost bought one when shopping for my present boat, and did a bit of research on them. Below is the PCF I was looking at, which was built according to the Bruce Roberts plans.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 897
Last edited:
Yes its been modified alot. I sent a picture to bruce and he confirmed its design. Theres alot more cabin space than the regular design. But takes away from the trawler look.

Post your question on boatdiesel. There are a lot of Cummins pros on that site that can help you with transmission, shaft and prop selection.

David

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom