6000miles to Rio in 2 months

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to Sint Maarten next 23 because I'm changing the generator and the refrigerator. We'll spend 2 weeks there.
After that, probably in March or April I intend to go to Trinidad

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa
Sent from my iPhone, using Trawler Forum

A 700miles trip :) and stay there for the hurricane season

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

I'm also changing all the wires from the generator and engine room.

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

Larry, you are welcome, if you want to come with us.

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

Larry, you are welcome, if you want to come with us.

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

Sergio, this is Britt. You mean to say you are still on the way to Brazil? Geez...I've heard of slow trawlers but two years....:)

Anyway my friend, good to hear your voice and happy to hear you are doing well

Hi Britt, We decided to stay in Caribbean. Brazil has now a bad political situation and we want to explore better the Caribbean isles.

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

Hi Britt, We decided to stay in Caribbean. Brazil has now a bad political situation and we want to explore better the Caribbean isles.

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

Sounds good to me Sergio. You are doing something I always wanted to do but have never taken the time to do. Sorry to hear about Brazil, I have always been fond of her and don't wish to see her ruined.

Britt

We're going to Saint Martin to instal a new Water Maker, to make a fiber top and 4 solar panels with 250w each one, then in January we'll go to Trinidad.

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

We're going to Saint Martin to instal a new Water Maker, to make a fiber top and 4 solar panels with 250w each one, then in January we'll go to Trinidad.

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

I'll have to look that up thanks. Where are you now?

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

Missing what you mean, being ript by (PT) Lula or (PT) Dilma doesn't differ that much, its like being bitten by the cat or the dog. Also the laws that makes the importation of a used yacht into Brasil almost impossible hasn't changed the last 10 years.

For me the situation is okay, when i came to Brasil, 5 years agoo, the exchange rate was R$ 2,21 for the Euro now R$ 4,50 for the Euro. As 90% of my income is generated in the Euro zone, you don't hear me complain.

A happy man from Brasil.

Last edited:
Key Biscayne

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

...the laws that makes the importation of a used yacht into Brasil almost impossible hasn't changed the last 10 years...

We spent part of hurricane season there in 2004. The Brazilian government didn't make it easy to import parts for repairs on yachts in transit either, 100% duty. Yikes! That being said, we had a great time and met some wonderful people. We'd go back.

Where do you plan to refuel in Suriname and Guyana? From my research, apparently it is not easy!!!

Can you refuel at São Luis and make it up to Trinidad from there?

Yes this a possibility, I can do São Luis to Port of Spain.
It just would be easier if I had a stop halfway.
Thank you.

The ideal today is to don't go to Port of Spain, you can depart to South America from Tobago and cruise to Georgetown, about 320nm, refuel, cruise to Paramaribo (180nm), and to Caiena (200nm). All of those ports have fuel, but you have to pay attention with the tides.

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

Fernando, Your boat became beautifull, congrats.
I saw that you don´t have windlass, thats correct?

Fernando, When I came down, certainly I´ll pass and stay a lot of days in Salvador to eat a Muqueca de Camaão with you ;)
Now we´re at St Maarten.

Fernando, When I came down, certainly I´ll pass and stay a lot of days in Salvador to eat a Muqueca de Camaão with you ;)
Now we´re at St Maarten.
You guys have all the fun......:).......What is a Muqueca de Camaão?

Wishing you all a great safe fun filled trip.
Britt

Moqueca de camarão is a traditional dish prepared with shrimp and dendê (a traditional Bahia (north State of Brasil) oil).
It's served with rice and Farofa (Mandioca (root) flower :)
I know thats difficult to understand but it's a delicious dish

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1455575279.538818.jpg

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

Moqueca de camarão is a traditional dish prepared with shrimp and dendê (a traditional Bahia (north State of Brasil) oil).
It's served with rice and Farofa (Mandioca (root) flower :)
I know thats difficult to understand but it's a delicious dish

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

Thanks Alemao. Sounds good, I like most anything made from fresh fish. How is the fish prepared? A Portugese friend who has since left us used to make a wonderful dish out of salted cod. I loved it and was so surprised when he told me he used a special portugese salted cod for the dish

We can also prepare a Muqueca de Peixe (fish) using a fresh fish, dende oil, tomatoe, onions, pepper,...
The cuisine from the north of Brasil has delicious fish dishes

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

We can also prepare a Muqueca de Peixe (fish) using a fresh fish, dende oil, tomatoe, onions, pepper,...
The cuisine from the north of Brasil has delicious fish dishes

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

sounds great to me I'll have to visit someday. I need to sell everything i have then take off cruising like you. Tired of paying taxes insurance over and over on properties that keep me pinned down.

Thanks Alemao. Sounds good, I like most anything made from fresh fish.How is the fish prepared? A Portugese friend who has since left us used to make a wonderful dish out of salted cod. I loved it and was so surprised when he told me he used a special portugese salted cod for the dish

Dende is made of fish that has been fermented for about one year... :)

Hi Britt,
I´m not retired yet, I´m still working but about 4 /5 times a year we´re going to Caribean to cruise.
I intend to move to Florida in the end of the year and to cruise more with more time.
If you want, come and enjoy our boat at St. Maarten and we can prepare some Muqueca for you :)
Now, we´re going next 27 and stay there until March 16

Azeite de Dende, "Palm Oil".
Palm oil is a popular oil in Brazilian cuisines, is produced from the fruit of the palm known as Oil Palm (Elaeis guineensis)

Back
Top Bottom