Your Best Technique or Invention

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Come on Marin... spill the beans. No matter what may have happened it shouldn't be held secret. Everything we as a group learn helps many to best continue with safe boating.

If there is one item we all understand about you it is that you can write. Therefore you can clearly explain what happened and what you did in crisis. Taint nothing to be ashamed of... no matter what it was.

Enough already! Cut Marin some slack. If you had one of those nearly lost the boat moments and your boats now sitting in the yard for repairs, you might want some peace also.
Come on, Ted! It's obvious what happened but Marin is too embarrassed to talk about it. :blush:

Here's what I added to my fridge. It looks nautical and operates very smoothly with one hand once you get used to it being there.

perko_cabin_door_hook_2.jpg

Another BIG :thumb: for Rescue Tape. I shamed Ray and Craig into buying some at a Sportsman's Show a couple of years ago. It's always extra special to watch my friends spending their money. At least they were buying something worthwhile for their boats. (I also talked 'em into some really great knife sharpeners!)

I enjoy the hell out of shopping shows and nautical swap meets with Cpseudonym. We find some of the best deals. At the latest one, I spied some Rescue Tape - two rolls for $2 - before Craig got to the booth. I snatched that right up. Score!!

Come on, Ted! It's obvious what happened but Marin is too embarrassed to talk about it. :blush:

Walt I'm not part of the Marin fan club. Just know it really sucks when people pile on when you're already down. I give him credit for having posted it to begin with. Not sure I would have so soon after.

Ted

I will say this and then I'm done. It wasn't operator error. It wasn't hitting something in the water. We're not embarrassed as we could not have foreseen it happening. It was one of those things I'd heard about on the GB forum years ago and then it happened to us yesterday.

I just have no interest in writing up a fairly long chain of events that will simply baffle most people here and they'll go on and on with all sorts of rubbish that's irrelevant to the incident.

So one last time---- get Rescue Tape and keep it in a handy place. The boat it saves may be your own.:)

Then, why did you bring it up?

I didn't. I was making a point about how great Rescue Tape is in a thread about techniques, tools, etc. and that we put it to good use and everyone else started blathering on and on.

One other thing I forgot and that I will bring up. Hat's off to my wife who through the whole incident did a superb job of running the boat plus getting me what I needed including.... the Rescue Tape. And assisting with a tricky docking in a tight spot on the yard dock on one engine in the wind. And no, the problem had nothing to do with the engine.

Well, to continue talking about what you're not going to talk about will garner you much attention. Probably best if you just stop replying, no?

I just have no interest in writing up a fairly long chain of events that will simply baffle most people here and they'll go on and on with all sorts of rubbish that's irrelevant to the incident.

Maybe your dog could put it in terms we lowly mortals could understand. :D

Hmmm...rescue tape plus wooden plugs, accidentally break off a thruhull while working on the stuffing boxes?

Marin loves publicity - Why you may ask??? Think about it! - LOL

Hmmm, underwater or near water exhaust outlet came away from hull....?

Greetings,
I don't care what happened. Mr. Marin, Ms. Marin and vessel are safe. Keep rescue tape on board and make sure the kids go to the bathroom before you leave the house.

Please excuse my ignorance but what is rescue tape, how does it work and what would you use it for?

Greetings,
I don't care what happened. Mr. Marin, Ms. Marin and vessel are safe. Keep rescue tape on board and make sure the kids go to the bathroom before you leave the house.

Don't forget the turning off the stove/oven thing.

Greetings,

Marin don't bring no kids aboard boat. So, in this case of a "Marin-mystery"... you can take that age group right out of the equation.

Personally, I do care what happened; in that: With Marin's unusually prolific word-art capabilities I feel he should feel compelled to clearly provide/explain items and instances of the occurrence so other boaters can learn and better grow toward added safety procedures... it's only right!

It is incumbent upon old-salts (and, new-salts) to help other salts learn what to do as well as what not to do in emergency situations. :thumb:

Marin, Marin... come out, come out wherever you are. Please explain circumstances to us salts. :popcorn:
Thanks! - Art :D

Jes..H F Chr...

Perhaps it will cool down now for a couple of days while the "kids who would not be on Marin's boat" scurry off to the GB forum to scour the archives.

Nice the boat had the consideration to F U in Bellingham bay and not Hecate Strait.

Marin,

As a GB owner, I'm concerned that there is a demon hiding on board that I should be searching out. Could you send me a PM describing what I should keep an eye on? Thanks, Howard

Greetings,
Mr. A. Mr. Marin posted a comment which, in my mind, is EXACTLY the same as your post #246. Time to move on. Keep Rescue Tape on board and for the life of me IF I could only remember a technique or invention I had used in the past, I'd post it now if only to get the thread back on track....
giphy.gif

Greetings,
Mr. A. Mr. Marin posted a comment which, in my mind, is EXACTLY the same as your post #246. Time to move on. Keep Rescue Tape on board and for the life of me IF I could only remember a technique or invention I had used in the past, I'd post it now if only to get the thread back on track....

Yo, RT - Why don't you apply to be a moderator... seems you'd be more fulfilled! :whistling: :D

Back
Top Bottom