Weather or Not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wxx3

Dauntless Award
Vessel Name
Dauntless
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
I will leave the longer explanation for another time, but this is what i use to make my cruising decsions.

Click Here for Wind Map

You can click at a particular point and it will give you the speed and direction.

So what I am looking for now is the light winds between Denmark and Sweden for two days and then the easterlies that are becoming stronger on the third day.

The KK does well in a following sea, so I will take that and get to Norway.

Then as you can see, I must wait until the high and.or the low move, because those strong winds in the North Sea are being caused by the low pushing into the high (or vise versa).

Now, if you think you get more detail for whenever you are getting your weather forecast,

You're not. What you are getting it an interpolation of this wind, temperature and pressure field. It can look more detailed, but it's not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use this all the time and for a complete amateur like me it works well.

Greetings,
Also weather related...Can anyone post a link to the European (?) hurricane path prediction website please. I've been referring to NOAA up til now but I understand and have seen posted a multi path forecast for individual storms but can't find the actual source.

Thanks for posting Richard, I have used this site in the past but can't figure out "download" or make it usable while offline... have you figured out how to use if offline?

@Richard, nice toy. But what do i see in this pic, what is happening at the line that almost touch the west part of Spain? Is that a front? the wind goes counter-clockwise around it..

Attachments

• wind.jpg
    wind.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 70
Thanks for posting Richard, I have used this site in the past but can't figure out "download" or make it usable while offline... have you figured out how to use if offline?

I didn't know we could use it offline.

I'd like that, but have just resorted to taking pictures of each day.

@Richard, nice toy. But what do i see in this pic, what is happening at the line that almost touch the west part of Spain? Is that a front? the wind goes counter-clockwise around it..

Yes.
But the real issue is not low or high, but the pressure gradient, which causes the winds.

I've been in hellicious winds with very high pressure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom