How many days a year do you use your boat or boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How many days per year do you use your boat or boats

• Fewer than 5.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 5-10

• 10-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20-30

• 30-60

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • 60-100

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • 100-150

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • 150-200

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • 200-300

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • More than 300

Votes: 8 14.8%

• Total voters

BandB

Guru
Any day you step foot on your boat counts. Obviously if you live on it full time, it will be 365 or close. If multiple boats count them all.

I live 3 miles from my boat. Right now I am going down to my boat to eat lunch since there is more food on the boat than there is at my house!!!!
I am also dating a girl that likes the damn boat more than I do. In fact she might be hanging out with me BECAUSE of the boat....;) So she drives my boat usage even harder!!!...which is a good thing. She is soft and she smells good too!! I voted 150-200.

Damn Baker, first you capture a cute pirate and now you have a girlfriend (who even smells good!) who likes the boat more than you do! That life must be tough, but I guess somebody's got to do it!

Since you counted "any time you step foot on your boat" I'm between 100-150. Many times I just go down to make sure my baby is doing fine but there are a lot of times we will spend the night on board after a party at the club. We have a few too many and just walk down the dock instead of driving home

100+ for us. We are on the boat just about every weekend, holiday and vacation. We don't take it out in Jan or Feb, but it stays in the water and we still either stay on board or at least drive down to check on it. Potluck and movie night in the clubhouse at the marina when the river is frozen. It is basically our second home.

Since you counted "any time you step foot on your boat" I'm between 100-150. Many times I just go down to make sure my baby is doing fine but there are a lot of times we will spend the night on board after a party at the club. We have a few too many and just walk down the dock instead of driving home

:thumb:

Around 280-290 for us. We're at home about 1/3 of the time or 120 days a year. But when home we're on a boat 40 days or so.

365 - liveaboard

I am typically around 100 days, but our season is from about May 25 to October 10 or about 135 days. However if you count days working on the boat(s) before launch and after haulout the number go up to 180+.

Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday for 6 months per year. Votes 100 to 150
John

new live aboards for 6 months a year, in wonderful Maine.

..hard for me to believe I'm finally here (could be anywhere) with my wife who is loving the boat life. All along I thought I was going to be boating on my own ;)
Blessed more than I deserve.

I voted 30-60, and am very envious of all of you folks that have so much more free time than I.

We are only about 20 minutes from boat . We go almost everyday after work and do something .
250/300 days .We usually stay on the boat on weekends and stay one night a week during the week . Leaving from the boat to go to work makes for a better work day . I show up for work with flip flops on and work shoes in hand . :D:D

Last edited:
We are only about 20 minutes from boat . We go almost everyday after work and do something .
250/300 days .We usually stay on the boat on weekends and stay one night a week during the week . Leaving from the boat to go to work makes for a better work day .

Envious. We are about 25 mins without traffic (Fri. night or Sat morning down and Sun night home) but, sadly, with the traffic around DC (some of the worst in the country) going to the boat on a weeknight is pretty much out of the question. That 25 min. drive easily turns into an hour and a half to get back into the city in the morning.

I plugged 150-200. I live one mile from the boat; suburban streets; zero traffic; bike trail from house to marina. I'm really fortunate.

Gives us the ability to easily get underway for a sunset on a whim.

We live on the boat full time from the day after Christmas until May and then several weeks here and there throughout the year so about 150-165 and it gets used a great deal

Bottom of the garden, so I see it every day!

Mid March to mid December.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

365 days - last year completed the Great Loop and sold our house and moved aboard - love it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom