Dauntless European Cruise is Coming to a Merciful End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wxx3

Dauntless Award
Vessel Name
Dauntless
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
But not soon enough.

All my friends/crew are gone and I still have 1200 miles to go.:facepalm:

And september weather in northern Europe can be like winter weather.
THe North Sea had 50 knot winds and seas greater than 25 feet a few days ago.:eek:

THere is high pressure moving slowly east now, so next day or two would have been ideal, but i's still 4 days away. I will use this high to get to Norway though.

Then i'll just have to wait. I'm more afraid of the North Sea than I am of the Atlantic. The North Sea is shallow and viscous, much like the Bering Sea.

I just posted to the blog the last week of events, far too eventful then it should be.:whistling:

Sadly, cruising alone is less of an adventure and more of a chore.

I'm on weather hold for tomorrow. I have a number of small projects I l would like to get done, the number one being the completion of the bus heater.

It's getting cold here, well not really cold, but not warm and the boat has no efficient way to warm up, though if it got really cold i could start the generator.

If things go as planned tomorrow, I will also try to write a bit about how i do and do not use the weather forecasts.

I make enough comments about it, i figure I owe a better explanation. THough I won't have time until this winter to really go into depth.

25 foot seas! ?
Hang in there Richard!

Even though you are alone and getting bored I'm sure at times, you are experiencing the trip of a lifetime IMO. Most of us will never get to do anything nearly as interesting on our boats.

Keep updating Richard.

You're correct about being without crew. When I get an autopilot (next big expenditure) I'm going to name him Helm Boy.

In the meantime I'll await your next installment. Your stuff is always fascinating.

Wow, prayers out to you Richard. Safe travels

You might like this boat hook for rings; "Hook and Moor"

Cottontop,

had there been a cleat like that I could have simply thrown th line over it

Cottontop,

had there been a cleat like that I could have simply thrown th line over it

When you get some internet, watch the video. You'll see how the thing works with rings, which I had noted on your blog caused you problems.

When you get some internet, watch the video. You'll see how the thing works with rings, which I had noted on your blog caused you problems.

I think I've seen that already.

Here on Norway it's all cleats AND bollards.

I just posted to my blog, mostly about people this summer and the pictures i have of them.

Always watching and listening to your adventures, Rich. I'm gonna send you a trouphy when you get back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom