View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 09:09 AM   #18
Dune

City: Coastal SC
Vessel Model: Viking 65 CP MY (run at trawler speeds !)
Quote:
Originally Posted by what_barnacles View Post
I would bet the a/c just drains into the bilge but regardless, rather than blowing it out and blasting everything just hook a shop vac up to the end of the line and let the vacuum pull it out.
I have 5 condensers and 7 air handlers on this boat (4 of the handlers are dual systems in 2 large boxes that share the same drain pans)

I had a different one clog up recently...the one for the master stateroom....that is probably the only handler on the boat that is mounted at floor level....i.e. Below the waterline on lower level stateroom. Therefore suspect that one drains into bilge but all others are overhead and drain overboard via the hull outlets.

Anyhow, I did clear that one on Friday via shop vac as it's probably a short run of hose....the salon system is still overflowing on occasion even after shop vac action.

My question is, is the Diversitech CO2 blow gun good for more than one shot per cartridge ? Alternatively, have any of you figured out an easy way to add a hose small enough to fit in a drain opening to the end of a typical garden hose nozzle ?

================================

(on edit) Guess the below might do the trick....
http://www.amazon.com/CLOGGED-DRAINS.../dp/B00B1E12F6
Dune is offline   Reply With Quote