View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 03:44 PM   #213
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyboats View Post
BandB,
Why is your little car so over powered if you drive it so safely? My favorite little car is underpowered partly due to a slipping clutch. Great way to get really good millage. Sometimes it stops slipping and that's fun but I'm programed to only go 1/2 throttle. So I gather that you driving an overpowered car w no top that you'd be up for a gas boat if you had a bad lust for it. Me too.
I didn't even know anyone had diesel boats until mid 2012. All I'd ever been on was gas. If you get a center console or most dinghies and tenders are going to be gas.

At the same time I do understand those who say they'd never own one. You get certain images in your mind and it's hard to ever get beyond them.

And, no I don't get really good mileage, but better than the boat. More mpg. We drive our cars so little. Why so overpowered. It's got good acceleration. Can I admit totally illogical. Our dream cars we'll probably keep forever. At 4000 miles a year the should last. The advertised speed, I have no idea. It's like being up on the mountain and being told you're looking at 5 states. How do you know? There are no lines like on a map.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote