DIY marinas FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimbo2015

Veteran Member
I'm searching for a trawler now and looking for a DIY yard on the east coast, I'm inland about 90 minutes away between both Jacksonville & St Augustine.

I like to do everything myself.
Maybe take a month or so on the hard.

Do they let you paint a bottom in this area, (I last had a boat in NY and they wouldn't let you paint)

Then I'll need a mooring

Any suggestions?

so far I found Green Cove Springs

I'm searching for a trawler now and looking for a DIY yard on the east coast, I'm inland about 90 minutes away between both Jacksonville & St Augustine.

I like to do everything myself.
Maybe take a month or so on the hard.

Do they let you paint a bottom in this area, (I last had a boat in NY and they wouldn't let you paint)

Then I'll need a mooring

Any suggestions?

so far I found Green Cove Springs

I use Cracker Boy Boat Works in Fort Pierce.

Cracker Boy Boat Works

There are a couple on the San Sebastian River right there in St Augustine.

Oasis Boat Yard And Marina.

St Augustine Marine Center

Xynides Boat Yard - gets good DIY reviews.

But also have a look at this facility, right on the St John's with easy access.

St. Johns Boat Co. - Home Page

As for a mooring. There is now a good solid mooring field in St Augustine. Right on the ICW with great access to the Atlantic. Mooring both sides of the Bridge of Lions. Managed by the St Augustine City Marina.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I have used both Xniydes in St. Augustine as well as Cracker Boy in Ft. Pierce both are full DIY yards. You need to buy supplies from them (CB will put a sticker on your paint can).

Both are fine yards and very helpful and allow living aboard while on the hard and are secure. Both have shower and restroom facilities and both are hot as hell in the summer.

The insurance companies as well as the EPA will soon make the DIY boatyard a thing of the past, according to a conversation I had in May with the management at CB.

Try Gibsons Drydock up the St Johns river in San Mateo, Fl. I hauled out and diy for years there, also a good storage yard.

In Jacksonville, Sadler Point Marina on the Ortega River (just south of downtown) allows DIY with some conditions. You do not have to buy supplies from them, though. The location is great, marine services and supplies are abundant in the area, and they are good people.

Sadler Point Marina (see FAQs on the website)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom