siestakey
Guru

City: Sarasota,FL/Thomasville,GA
Vessel Name: Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkliftt View Post
Don,
That's the rub for me. I have an eboatcards . I just don't know what to do with it. And currently there's AC Companion. Patricia and I both have it loaded on our iphones. I believe the idea of ACC is to let you download blocks of charts that you choose (of course each block would use up some memory on your phone) and then be able to access it when you are unable to connect to a cell tower. Unfortunately we were both unsuccessful in downloading even one block. Im sure it's an easy fix- but currently it's just one more thing I gotta get to.
I think the support is great- I've emailed questions/ comments in the past to Jefferie Siegel and he or Karen were always quick to respond with help.
Bottom line for me is that with Jefferie's vision for the AC family, which includes all sorts of data integrated into one source- is to also encourage a social element where your chosen boating and personal information can be opted to be shared with participating boaters in your marina and that you pass when cruising or the world. Imagine an Aussie having an opportunity to boat in the PNW and from one source he can access any friend, resource, or marina fuel price that he could ever want! And to me- this is where the Siegels might consider putting on their "Marketing" cap. I think if I could wrap my head around the AC Package, and its ability to allow me to present my "data" in an effective and safe manner- I would love having it in my boating arsenal!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Yes I believe your right and as my wife and I are Very social I look forward to learning more on AC

I have also email Jeff and Karen and they have shared planss with us that we now see happening

I am still learning though