What Are The Boating Plans For The Weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Round trip Jax to Fort Myers on Saturday to see a boat. [10 hours driving to see a boat that we hope will be in decent condition].

Then on Sunday will leave mid afternoon to anchor out and miss the day-boater yahoos who will be coming back. Will leave the anchorage around noon and come back to miss the same yahoos on Monday! :)

Going on a club cruise to a nice bay in the San Juans weather permitting.

Changing the oil and filters in both engines and the genny.

I'll be heading from Ft Myers Shores to Ft. Pierce City Marina..........lots of driving but new territory for family.

I'll be heading from Ft Myers Shores to Ft. Pierce City Marina..........lots of driving but new territory for family.

In the boat? If so, are you going through the lake.

Yes, we plan to leave Ft Myers around 10 am or so. We NEVER make my predictions though. The plan is to overnight in Clewiston.....Sunday in Ft Pierce but with optional a couple of extra days. Are you traveling by car?

Loading dredge parts on a old ragged forklift.:)

Taking a week on the boat, destination unknown, just going.

Yes, we plan to leave Ft Myers around 10 am or so. We NEVER make my predictions though. The plan is to overnight in Clewiston.....Sunday in Ft Pierce but with optional a couple of extra days. Are you traveling by car?

Yes, won't get down there until ~ 2:00 though.

Safe travels.

Leaving tomorrow for St. Augustine (yes that's my address but I am 90 miles by water from the harbor) to enjoy the 4 day 450th anniversary of the founding of St. Augustine.

Sat - Sun at a local restaurant for their Waterstock weekend. They bring in a barge and will have bands from Fri night through Monday. Sun - Mon complete change of pace anchored with a few close friends in a quiet cove.

Taking my parents on a little cruise from Rockport to Port Aransas and back Friday, weather permitting.

Two Harbors, Catalina.
In fact, on my way as I write this.

Anchor out in nice cove and watch the grandkids swim and ski .

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-9.jpg
    FullSizeRender-9.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 66
We'll be using the Whaler, fishing the marshes around Cocodrie La. Kids and Grandkids at the camp for the weekend. I hope the weather and fish cooperate!
Wishing you all a nice weekend!

Attachments

• Boston Whaler 07-2013.jpg
    Boston Whaler 07-2013.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 77
Was supposed to be running dive charters Friday through Monday. Mother nature has other plans. Maybe a chance on Monday. :(

Ted

Yep, but wife likes to go to Palm Beach on occasion and they have a 2 for 1 at the Palm Harbor Marina right downtown PB and it's off season so 2 nights with power for right at $100 bucks with an couple of overnights at Peck Lake should make us both smile.

Besides I just added AIS and a Garmin xHD 24" radar as the Raytheon is getting tired, I also picked up another Garmin chart plotter (12") so I want to play with the new stuff.

If you go south don't you start hitting the concrete jungle of the South
East pretty soon?

Last edited:
Headed to Disappearing Island, Fl. Just inside Ponce Inlet. Sundowners, charred Porterhouse Steaks and a good read at sundown...

A very inconsiderate friend of my wife is getting married on Sunday. Just a couple day trips in Narragansett Bay for me. :banghead:

I'm headed west on the NY state Canals, bound for Seneca Lake. Leaving in a few hours. .
Wayfarer...

Open invitation to stop at Sampson on Seneca Lk.

If you see a lg raft up out on the Lk north of the Navy barge it's likely our marina gang...stop by to say hi & join in we're a friendly group.
Sat PM is dish to pass w a band.

Don
'08 MS 34 HT
"Bacchus"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom