Sarasota Marina Jack and Turtle Beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

siestakey

Guru
Vessel Name
Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Make
Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Interesting, at least it's not going to be torn down and turned into condos. Yet.

Interesting, at least it's not going to be torn down and turned into condos. Yet.

very true but I think what spurred them was yacht services is

It would be unfortunate to see greedy builders and city planers run off the rest of the marine industries on the Gulf Islands for the sake of more condos.

That's good news, I think. I didn't even know there was a marina on Siesta Key. Can it handle larger boats? 35'+?

That's good news, I think. I didn't even know there was a marina on Siesta Key. Can it handle larger boats? 35'+?

6 Foot draft going in at the south end of the island

It would be unfortunate to see greedy builders and city planers run off the rest of the marine industries on the Gulf Islands for the sake of more condos.

Larry, you have quit preaching and gone to meddling, now.:facepalm:

Larry, you have quit preaching and gone to meddling, now.:facepalm:

Well, maybe. Truth is, the islands are pretty sparse with services now. I'd trade some of these Island Condos, golf courses and hotel property for a local haul-out and DIY yard anytime. Of course, that's me and I work on my own boat.

Well, maybe. Truth is, the islands are pretty sparse with services now. I'd trade some of these Island Condos, golf courses and hotel property for a local haul-out and DIY yard anytime. Of course, that's me and I work on my own boat.

Just a little fun with you. You shot me right between the eyes----a 45 year developer/builder and 20 year planning commissioner. Oh yeah, I also have a Florida license. However, if anyone has seen how Chattanooga has redeveloped over the last 20 years and some of our projects, they would know that over development is not something I am in favor of.

Chattanooga is amazing!
I went to school there in the mid 60'and it sure has changed!

Just a little fun with you. You shot me right between the eyes----a 45 year developer/builder and 20 year planning commissioner. Oh yeah, I also have a Florida license. However, if anyone has seen how Chattanooga has redeveloped over the last 20 years and some of our projects, they would know that over development is not something I am in favor of.

Don: Me thinks congrats are in order if you've been a contributor to the Chattanooga restoration and development plan. Nice city.....probably be on my shortlist for places to move to. Was it you that was responsible for the propogation of Bob Evans Sausage Gravy and Biscuit dispensers throughout the city? Nice touch. :whistling:

Last edited:
Thanks for the good words about Chattanooga. I can assure that there were many people that had a hand in the redevelopment. I have been a relatively small player, but I think our projects speak well for the town. It is still an evolving process.

Larry, sadly our only Bob Evans Restaurant closed some years back. Happily, we have the Maple Street Biscuit Company about 2 blocks from my home. Take a look at it. I recommend the Five and Dime. The bacon is outstanding, and the gravy has a real kick to it.

Menu - Maple Street Biscuit Company

http://www.walnuthilltownhomes.com/

This is a resale of a sold out project at 1st and Market across from the Aquairium.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/100-E-1st-St-1-Chattanooga-TN-37403/62993063_zpid/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom