Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Wannabee Windows

Quote:
nomadwilly wrote:

Mark,
You say "channel waves upward". What part of the "fwd superstructure" could channel waves upward??? All the superstructure surfaces are horizontal except the sides of the fore-cabin. I don't see any way water could be channeled upward except the small surface on the front of the for-cabin. And even if the water could come from above the fwd slant window would trap water causing lots of pressure on the glass** ..exactly what you don't want.
I was referring to the boat pictured in healhustler's avatar.*(Edit -- I note that healhustler has since changed the*boat's identity in his signature, from a*GB to a Manatee.* Obviously, I don't know*the various boats well.)* *The*superstructure's roof in front of the pilothouse is at an angle to the horizon (approximately perpendicular to the forward-leaning windows), not horizontal to the normal waterline*of most boats.

Why wouldn't one want to channel water down, working with rather than against gravity?* Why is a forward-leaning bow a good idea*but not a forward-leaning window?

-- Edited by markpierce on Sunday 9th of January 2011 11:04:03 PM
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote