FL west coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ptoliver

Anyone know of any problems at marinas, bridges, water, on a day run from Osprey to Treasure Island?

Best time of day to run?

Tide issues?

The best time of day would be at night if you want the least amount of traffic. But I'd only recommend that if you're very familiar with the area. It's very shallow through out most of that area. Especially just outside of the markers.

Look at Active Captain, the local Notice to Mariners or Salty's Cruisers Net for up to data info.

What does your boat draw, what's your air draft and how fast is it?

The best time of day to run it is Mon-Thurs. There is a notorious spot at the south end of the island before the Cortez Bridge. Slow down, and watch the depth closely. There will be floating markers. Other than that no problems other than stay in the channel. Don't let any boats push you out of the channel that runs parallel to the causeway leading to the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

As you are entering the south end of Tampa Bay there is a jog in the channel. I believe it is at marker 64 or 66. Watch out for it. That is where I would usually cut over to the Manatee River.

The best time of day to run it is Mon-Thurs. There is a notorious spot at the south end of the island before the Cortez Bridge. Slow down, and watch the depth closely. There will be floating markers. Other than that no problems other than stay in the channel. Don't let any boats push you out of the channel that runs parallel to the causeway leading to the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

As you are entering the south end of Tampa Bay there is a jog in the channel. I believe it is at marker 64 or 66. Watch out for it. That is where I would usually cut over to the Manatee River.

I was going to same the same thing was through it yesterday

on the north side of sister key be careful favor red

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom