Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. H. In regards your post #2095 (holy shat!) I would think your brain is more like this...
giphy.gif

You give me too much credit mate lol

...and I'm not surprised Mr. A didn't recognize a disco ball. Dull sort I expect...

Tongue in cheek comment I know but I can't let you get away with saying that mate. Art is a good bloke and a friend, just like you are :)

Let's all play nice in here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

Greetings,
Mr. H. In regards your post #2095 (holy shat!) I would think your brain is more like this...
giphy.gif

...and I'm not surprised Mr. A didn't recognize a disco ball. Dull sort I expect...

Disco?? What's that????? :dance:

It's the planets hurrling through space around the sun.

OH! And, all this time... I thought it was loose females hurling through space around drunken/stoned males. But then, after all, many of us were here before disco-gals began to rotate around disco-guys as they grabbed wildly in attempt to become the gals sun... for at least one night.

Matt,
I'll add some pics soon, but I've been doing a canvas project on my boat for the last month. The LZ1 is an awesome portable machine and my sewing work station is nothing compared to yours. Great job on the desk refit. You still need more work space, LOL!
The Bimini, upper help cover, seat covers, dingy and the aft enclosure are done. Now that the big jobs are done, the cap rail covers, 3 hatch covers, windless cover and boom winches are on the list for next trip.
Your gonna need the taping attachment, a good snap setter tool and lots of clamps, shears and other important hand tools.
To be honest, I did canvas work many years ago, so take this with a grain of salt, practice and don't be upset with your first couple of projects. Take on a few easy projects and take your time. I've seen your work in all that you have taken on, and your tenacious attitude will come through. The sewing part isn't that hard, if you go at it slow and persistent you'll be very happy with the results.
Best of luck, and if I can help by pictures or explaining I'll try to help you!

OH! And, all this time... I thought it was loose females hurling through space around drunken/stoned males. But then, after all, many of us were here before disco-gals began to rotate around disco-guys as they grabbed wildly in attempt to become the gals sun... for at least one night.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1440045466.565773.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1440045476.499264.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1440045487.163991.jpg

Matt-what I can't figure out is with all the time you spending sharing AXE with us, and taking pictures and posting them-how the hell did you find the time to build a boat, mate?

Matt-what I can't figure out is with all the time you spending sharing AXE with us, and taking pictures and posting them-how the hell did you find the time to build a boat, mate?

Yeh it takes almost as much effort to post on here as it takes building AXE, however I do spend most of my time using the trawler app so I do it on the fly or at work (on lunch break) or when I'm in bed.

I used to upload to photoshop but it takes soooo much time to do that so I just use the app with pics on my phone.

Probably explains why the pics are crap

Last edited:

Ahhhh - Therein lies the quandary! i.e. When is Matt going to share how he has broken the law a physics for 24 hr. days and turned them into 34 hr (maybe even 44 hr.) days??

If he's doubled them into 48 hrs. each... well, then... Good Night Nurse!

Happy Time/Hour Daze - Art :speed boat::speed boat::speed boat::speed boat:

Last edited:
Ahhhh - Therein lies the quandary! i.e. When is Matt going to share how he has broken the law a physics for 24 hr. days and turned them into 34 hr (maybe even 44 hr.) days??

If he's doubled them into 48 hrs. each... well, then... Good Night Nurse!

Happy Time/Hour Daze - Art :speed boat::speed boat::speed boat::speed boat:

Lol ... It's all about time zones I reckon. When y'all sleepin, I'm building, when y'all awake and I'm about to be sleepin and I be postin pics, then sleepin.

Today I had my wisdom teeth pulled out so I'm not so wise anymore. However veryyyyyy sore and grumpy :-( ... So no boat after work today. Maybe not tomorrow either. Will see how I feel.

Havent seen any action on this thread. Hope all is well downunder,and still making progress. Look forward to your up dates

Havent seen any action on this thread. Hope all is well downunder,and still making progress. Look forward to your up dates

we're all waiting for the chrisening voyage mate

G'day boys.
Sorry been crook all last week. Wisdom teeth extraction turned feral and kept me in bed all week. Dentist said something about dry sockets.

Either way wasn't up to getting to the boat. I only returned to work yesterday (Monday)

Today however; saw me collect the 450 gsm glass tape I ran out of, plus some more epoxy and I finally bit the bullet and bought some mobile scaffold. It's 4mtrs high and about 1800 long. Much safer than working off a ladder and ensures a better job as I'm not rushing and worrying about getting down instead of taking my time and doing it right.

Right tools for the job..!!

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441114606.596936.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441114630.565946.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441114664.549026.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441114678.867041.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441114692.883995.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441114896.399695.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441115010.591798.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441115052.727228.jpg

Will get back into the build in the coming days so will post updates shortly.

Thanks for keeping me true.

Last edited:
This afternoon I was grinding, sanding then epoxy filleting.

Loving this scaffold so much i worked into the night. It's a lot more comfortable and it's likely moving into summer that I will be doing more of this.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441193875.058106.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441193888.558282.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441193956.567301.jpg

Yesterday some screen protectors that I bought off eBay arrived.

I'm pretty OCD when it comes to fingerprints. Especially on electronics and screens.

These protectors are awesome.
FYI the FURUNO screen is the same size as the Lowrance HDS10.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441194634.520252.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441194657.838835.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441194673.493191.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441194690.191382.jpg

Those switch clusters look great!

Dry sockets are Superman's other Kryptonite. - LOL

Glad you're back-up and runnen. Scaffold... what a great idea! When was that invented? - LOL x 10!

Looking Great Matt

Dry sockets are Superman's other Kryptonite. - LOL

Glad you're back-up and runnen. Scaffold... what a great idea! When was that invented? - LOL x 10!

Hahahaha yeh something like that

Once I've finished working at height I can split the module into two separate platforms and can also run say 6m long aluminium planks to give me some decent coverage at the 2m high mark. Handy when it's time to install the side windows

Pulled the covers to get a couple pics.

Did some sanding and glassing.

I have my first official liveaboards on AXE. A Little family or wrens has moved in to the ceiling lol

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441374906.114316.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441374925.182293.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441374939.267651.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1441374949.851710.jpg

Thanks Al :) you're getting double the pics. Both on here and Facebook lol.

Sorry mate.

No worries I enjoy them!!!

Glad to see losing the wisdom teeth hasn`t had any effect. I enjoyed seeing the uncovered AXE in profile.
Are those little birds wrens or swallows? We had swallows try to nest on the boat, they got very upset when we took the boat out. Messy too, but very cute.

Back
Top Bottom