Internet Boating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LowNSlow77

Vessel Make
Tollycraft 34 Sundeck
So we decided to stay home this weekend instead of going out in the nasty weather that was predicted for Vancouver and Howe Sound. Sounded like a great weekend to spend perusing the internet for all things boating. (Have to decide on the next boat, or destination you know!) Turns out that we spent the weekend without any power as the wind gusts here in North Vancouver were far more destructive than expected. No power, no lights, no internet. Should have been out on the boat. As long as i was in a protected spot I probably would have enjoyed being away from the grid and internet access. It is funny what is a hardship at home is one of the benefits when I am out on the boat. Of course I am set up for it there and did not have to worry about all of my food in the freezer spoiling on my boat.

Anyway good to be back online. Now I just need some entertainment. Maybe I should ask what anchor would have been best for 70 knot gusts! :whistling:

One of these babies at about 2,000 lbs would do the trick

anchor.gif

Hate to see the size of the windless to get that up.

We were power out too.
Had to take lots of meat to other people's freezers .. that had room.
Worked on the boat at the marina .. no power there either. Used my 18v Dewalt light and several batteries and flashlights. Got much done on my fuel system for the Wabasto heater. My computer's been in the shop for over a week. It seems like winter but it's too warm. We've probably got some fall wind storms to go yet.

Back
Top Bottom