Please offer your boat suggestions....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It doesn't cost anything to go on it for a look. If the decks are good, it's worth looking at. Remember, the asking price is just that: an asking price.

Good point. Even though I have been sailing since I was 5 years old, I have only purchased 1 boat in my life. Before that I was happy to use my father's boats, until he died suddenly (stroke while anchored in Telegraph Harbor) and then I inherited his. So am am very inexperienced in the whole process having only done it once.

I don't have a good feel for the difference between asking and selling price. It also seems to vary a lot with the type of boat as near as I can tell.

Dave

There is a "sticky" thread above called boat search101. Lots of good information. 3 years ago we were in the same position you are now: we...

1) got on lots of boats to see what we liked. What we thought we liked at the beginning was very different to where we landed.
2) did a couple of bare boat charters to see if this is what we really wanted to do...you are probably past that stage. But you might fine tune your wants a bit.
3) walked away from an accepted offer if we were uncomfortable with it after survey.
4) most important. We asked ourselves "what is this boat worth to us". And really "soul search" that answer. It doesn't matter what they are asking, it's what is this boat worth to you that matters.

In the end we still ask ourselves "what have we gotten ourselves into!"

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Last edited:
Depending on how opposed you are to twins and flybridges, there are loads of Mainships on the market. A 430 might suit your needs quite well.

Back
Top Bottom