looking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

utopia423

Vessel Name
Special
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
Have owned different types of boats but have my eyes set on a trawler, in
the 34' range . We have been looking down in southern Florida but the
magic one" hasn't shown up.

There are several good yacht brokers who are members. Any one of them could assist you and streamline the process.

Have owned different types of boats but have my eyes set on a trawler, in
the 34' range . We have been looking down in southern Florida but the
magic one" hasn't shown up.

I've often thought that if I wanted to buy another trawler (and I do not, since I like the one that I have), that I would go down to the Keys to look. I have this theory that people buy a boat, fulfill their dream of going down the ICW, perhaps over to the Bahamas, and then on down to the Keys, and at that point the wife says that she has had enough. So I have this vision of all these good boats sitting at the End of the World just waiting for someone to show up and adopt them, like a forlorn puppy in a pound.

Check out the Kemah area as well. There are a huge number of boats located there. And bringing her home could be fun as well.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Greetings,
Mr. jw. You've got your geography a bit mixed up. The end of the world is in Alice Town and they've renovated... IT'S BACK! End of the World Bar - Bimini, Bahamas

Perhaps. But if you ever camp at the Everglades National Park near Homestead, and take one of their tours, the guide explains that on this side of the line there are no crocodiles. And on that side of the line (facing toward the Keys) there be crocodiles. Also, when you come out of your tent in the morning there are vultures sitting on your picnic table waiting for you to start breakfast.

So all that is good enough for me. :)

Have you looked on the West side of Fla.? there are usually quite a few in the Sarasota and Ft Myers areas.
I used to spend a good bit of time in your area when I was in the Sugar Cane equipment building and selling business. Since retiring I have crossed the Okeechobee Waterway twice, east to west both times and spent the night at the Moore Haven Dock.
Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom