Cooker problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kukaro

Vessel Name
Kukare
Vessel Make
Heritage East
Hi all I have a problem and need help. My cooker has broken and I can't seem to get a new one. I have found one that will fit it a Kenmore Elite 1.5 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave w/ Convection Stainless Steel 74153. The problem is I live in the UK and the oven is in the USA and all the sites say they can't ship it to the UK I'm not sure why.

No 1 why can't I get it shipped
No2 does anyone know where I could get one

I don't know if the physical size is consistent around the world but have you asked local dealers if they have anything that fits?

I have 120v on my boat so the UK spec won't work. I have brought a new hob which was shipped from USA but can't seem to get a cooker shipped. Even the company's that ship to the UK say they can't ship the oven to UK I don't understand why

Most likely its not available to the UK because it's 60Hz 120v and not 230v 50hz.

Edit: just saw your post stating you have 120v disregard my comment.

Just get a friend to buy in US and have him ship it to you.:whistling:

Might be a problem with the specs/certification, etc. of the Microwave.

Kenmore is a Sears brand: Sears.com
Is it a prohibition from shipping from the US or of imporing by the UK? As BobH suggested maybe some regulation regarding the microwave / radiation? Maybe the postal or customs service in UK can tell you why.

I`ve had people refuse to ship to Australia from USA, one example is an Onan fuel solenoid. I think it relates to sales territory restrictions.
I`ve a vague recall Australia Post set up a delivery address in USA for Aussies to overcome this reluctance.

Kukaro
If I was in your situation, I would look for a second hand option. Boats imported from the U.S. are normally re-wired and made compliant with local statuary requirements. If you know of a yard that does this kind of work I'm sure you'll find a bargain or two. Maybe you can pick up a super bargain.
PS I agree with getting someone in the states shipping to you.

Back
Top Bottom