View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 12:55 AM   #13
Off Duty
Guru

City: Tampa
IDK, maybe it's me, but some of these stories are pathetic!

Maybe it was the way I was raised or my career choices, but it's unfathomable to me that one human being will not at least attempt to assist another in a time of distress. And in the marine community even more so!

I understand not wanting to put children at risk, but at least standby to assist in whatever capacity you can without placing them in danger. And yes stupid! I don't care what the CG/State Regs say regarding size vs. equipment requirements, IMO if you're on a boat in more than waste deep water and less than walking distance from the shoreline, you ought to have a radio and monitor the frequencies!

I also understand people being afraid of the litigious society we live in, but I truly believe that there should be a basic human instinct in all of us to help if we can.

Personally, whether it's the middle of the ocean or on dry land, I'm not going to stand by and watch while someone get's hurt or dies! Never have and never will!

And while I won't place my 9 year old granddaughter or another child at risk, we'll still do something.

If it's just me or myself and some able bodied friends, it's game on. We're getting involved. If you want to sue me, go for it.

OD