Neat little emergency light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwnall

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 36
My girlfriend bought me one of these for the boat, and after trying it out thought that i would just pass the info on. Puts out a decent light for emergencies, waterproof, floats, battery operated, but solar cells to keep the battery charged -- and only about $15.

I saw a couple of those on a boat the other night. But out a nice light. Just wondered how easily they could blow away in a breeze.

I saw a couple of those on a boat the other night. Put out a nice light. Just wondered how easily they could blow away in a breeze.

Probably pretty easily. :) They have a strap on the top, but it is kind of flimsy.

That's pretty cool. I can see where a few of those could be great for camping/RVing or in a shore basket for an evening dinner on the beach. A great way to bring along a compact light source if and when it's needed. Just gotta make sure it is or will be charged before it gets dark.

I tried the link but it just took me to Defender's home page.

According to Defender due to the popularity of Active Captain Defender has sold out. Apparently 100's have been sold and they are on back order.
Just ordered mine.

I tried the link but it just took me to Defender's home page.

Link works fine for me. Try copying and pasting the link in your browser.

Bought 2 of the SiriusSignal SOS-C 1001's. One for ST and the other for the dink.
Got 'em yesterday. Seem to be of high quality. Maybe will get me off the hook if my flares expire.

Last edited:
My girlfriend bought me one of these for the boat, and after trying it out thought that i would just pass the info on. Puts out a decent light for emergencies, waterproof, floats, battery operated, but solar cells to keep the battery charged -- and only about $15.

I like that. Battery power is always an issue on the hook for me. That would serve me as an anchor light, not that mine takes much power since I changed out the bulb to an LED but still"

Sirius Signal SOS Distress Light with Distress Flag

Just bought one of these from Fisheries. Seems to be pretty well made. Can't see replacing flares when this will do the job for about the same price as replacement flares.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom