Seabrook/Kemah Happy Hour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ha, the lady has no faith! Have you explained that you are now a seasoned captain? Glad your A/C is fixed! We are enjoying Kemah so come on down. The slip next to me is empty :)

I was under the impression there was only one floating covered pier???

Not sure how many are floating (I didnt even know they had one) but there are 7 covered and I think 3 uncovered. The uncovered's are $250/mo. but man the traffic on 146 is right there.

I thought they were all solid docks and had the rod bolted to the pilings so the anchor line could go up in a surge. I was told #7 was 750/mo but it was supposed to be because it was the closest to the lake. Maybe it's the floater.

Im in 4 and the roof is easily 30 feet above the bimini, and it's 25' above the water.

Last edited:
Glad you two finally made here Blue, Seabrook is right across the pond from me in Watergate. Glad you were finally able to come over and see "In Disguise". Hopefully I'll make it over to you one of these weekends!

Thanks for the coffee and tour Kevin! It's good to have someone else in the area that gets up at 4:00 :)

Rafe would love to see your boat! I will PM you to see when is convenient.

Anytime! Enjoyed the company, glad to share the coffee and really appreciated the advice! (along with the sea stories, of course).

Blue,

Welcome to the area.

I should be back in town late this afternoon and all weekend. I'm at South Shore Harbor, Pier 11, Slip 11. If you are anywhere near, let me know.

Hmmmm, 4AM coffee might not be an option though :dance:

Not sure how many are floating (I didnt even know they had one) but there are 7 covered and I think 3 uncovered. The uncovered's are $250/mo. but man the traffic on 146 is right there.

I thought they were all solid docks and had the rod bolted to the pilings so the anchor line could go up in a surge. I was told #7 was 750/mo but it was supposed to be because it was the closest to the lake. Maybe it's the floater.

Im in 4 and the roof is easily 30 feet above the bimini, and it's 25' above the water.

Yeah, likely that pier is the floating one. It was the first of its kind in the area. And now I am told LYC has one as well.

Just an fyi...

I took a minute to ride around blue dolphin. There are no floating docks here at all. So I guess the $750/mo for the upper crust is due to its location.

So I guess the $750/mo for the upper crust is due to its location.

It is due to the fact that it is floating....AND COVERED!!!!! There just aren't any docks like it!!! That is as good as it gets!!!!

We're at Waterford. Every summer we think about going to a covered slip. Do you mind if I ask the price? Is it a floating dock? We looked at Blue Dolphin but didn't like the fixed docks.

Thanks,

Bob

Sorry, haven't been to the forum in a while. I'm paying 313 a month right now. Not floating docks or cover though.

Kevin

Seabrook Marina has some new covered floating docks with controlled access in addition to the older non-floaters where I am. Too rich for my blood. lol.

Kevin

Kevin, I took a walk over to B dock, saw your boat but you either saw me coming and hid, or weren't there :)

Well, Michelle and I meet a bunch of fine folk this weekend and got to climb on some great boats. Many thanks to everyone! I still can't believe all the TFer's in the area haven't met each other yet and think we should plan on picking a time and place where we can all meet and visit a while. How about next weekend? Any suggestions on a location?

Kevin, I took a walk over to B dock, saw your boat but you either saw me coming and hid, or weren't there :)

Couldn't make down there this weekend but I'll probably be there Monday afternoon working on an alternator. Drop by if you wanna.

Kevin

Well, Michelle and I meet a bunch of fine folk this weekend and got to climb on some great boats. Many thanks to everyone! I still can't believe all the TFer's in the area haven't met each other yet and think we should plan on picking a time and place where we can all meet and visit a while. How about next weekend? Any suggestions on a location?

I'm good with just about anywhere. We are taking a boat trip but can be back for Sunday night....dunno if that works for everyone.

It is due to the fact that it is floating....AND COVERED!!!!! There just aren't any docks like it!!! That is as good as it gets!!!!

I'll go look again, but the dock was bolted to the pilings so unless the pilings float.... :)

I'm good with just about anywhere. We are taking a boat trip but can be back for Sunday night....dunno if that works for everyone.

Hey John, looks like it's just you and me LOL. Our boat is on the hard. Good news, no blisters....bad news, generator was going to cost $5K to fix properly so bit the bullet on a new one. Ouch!

Anyway, they say I may be back in the water again Friday but assume that means Monday :)

Hey John, looks like it's just you and me LOL. Our boat is on the hard. Good news, no blisters....bad news, generator was going to cost $5K to fix properly so bit the bullet on a new one. Ouch!

Anyway, they say I may be back in the water again Friday but assume that means Monday :)

Well we will see how it goes. Sorry about the generator issues. At least you will now have a nice new hunk of iron down there!!!!

Back on "In Disguise" til probably Sunday afternoon? Coffee's always on!

Well the rain over the last few days has delayed work....so no boat this weekend. We were trying to remember when we last did not have a boat for the weekend and couldn't. What do people do that don't have boats :) Thanks Kevin for the offer!

Well the rain over the last few days has delayed work....so no boat this weekend. We were trying to remember when we last did not have a boat for the weekend and couldn't. What do people do that don't have boats :) Thanks Kevin for the offer!

I have always pondered that. I went one summer without a boat. I was a boat owner by September!!!

There are no floating docks in Blue Dolphin. There are six covered buildings/piers though.

Lakewood built a floating dock pier last year. The roof does not float. As the floating dock goes up it get closer to the roof. Weirdest thing there are fixed roof piles between the boats and the floating piers.

I think Seabrook has two new floating dock/roof piers.
:whistling:

There are no floating docks in Blue Dolphin. There are six covered buildings/piers though.

Lakewood built a floating dock pier last year. The roof does not float. As the floating dock goes up it get closer to the roof. Weirdest thing there are fixed roof piles between the boats and the floating piers.

I think Seabrook has two new floating dock/roof piers.
:whistling:

Yep I saw that and agree. Definitely a little strange.

Well Monday turned into Wednesday but we are finally back in the water. BM Boatworks did an awesome job and were reasonably priced. Now all I need is to get the life raft serviced/repacked and the EPRIB serviced and we are ready for Florida/Bahamas in November.

Back
Top Bottom