Old 08-25-2015, 05:46 PM   #14
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopCar View Post
Hi Al, here are the dimensions on those cleats. Sea-Dog : Quality Marine, Industrial and Rigging Hardware
Thanks for those specs, Parks! I think they'll work just fine. Order placed for 2 cleats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
You figured out the vent already. For ones that are not so strategicly located, I believe in many areas you can reach the backside or at least see it with a flashlight and some crawling. On at least one I used a long threaded rod, and a bit of epoxy putty to hold a nut and extra thick fender washer in place. The glass is so ridiculously thick that fender washers will more than do the job. You just have to figure out how to get them in place.
Thanks for the tip, ghost! I'll keep that method in mind if I need it.

Next I'll be stripping, repairing and varnishing the split caprail on the port side. Each cleat pop caused significant damage to the affixed caprail. When I'm done, these cleats will hopefully be the last thing to ever pop off this boat!

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote