View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #19
Rob
Veteran Member

RE: Deck Cranes and Dinghy Davits

Here's a Picture of our Willard 40 Pilot House with the*Dinkon Top of the salon. Our Skiff is a 12 foot Lund with a 15 hp outboard. Probably near the same weight as a 10 foot RIB. As you can see there is a little bit of rigging aboard the Lady Anne due to the Paravanes and boom. The boom is lifted using a hand crank boat winch and the boat is lifted/lowered with a 12vdc winch. I have thought about using a hand pulled lift with a self tailing sys. But I have been a little Leary of the ropes getting out of control and ripping my hands apart as well as the obvious dangers of several hundred pounds of dingy crashing around. I have loaded and unloaded with this system for the past 6 years without any problem, just using a tag line by myself.

I have had to launch the dingy from the top one time in an emergency. I cut the tie down lines and got 'er down in a hurry. My wife says that we had the skiff launched in*side of*three minutes. Not all that fast by some standards but we were able to take care of our abandon ship call safely. That's a whole other story.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	port side.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	4077  
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote