Old 08-24-2015, 02:22 PM   #99
psneeld
Guru

City: Avalon, NJ
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Long View Post
No, I actually wasn't asking about this issue at all but simply whether they could find my application and what their TCOD delivery time was currently so I can plan. She just happened to repeat the standard,"You can't move your boat.", line. We're currently hauled for some major work so I have some time on this.

Since I already have it in writing from the NVDC legal department and confirmed by the USCG guy who tried to find a way around if for me, I'm not going ask someone else until I know what they are going to say. Anita did not say anything different to Pesneld than I have heard before if, I am reading his post correctly. Sure, a state registered boat applying for documentation can continue to operate. We've always known that.

I'm going to try and get the BoatUS government affairs guy who is following this to do that. As you say, it sometimes depends who is asking.

That's how I got into this mess. I asked for it in writing :} I learned long ago not to rely on what I'm told on the phone in a CYA situation. (See Post 83 of this thread.)
WHAT? Then what the heck is the issue?

The more you post the more it seems like you and the CG are in total disconnect.

I got straight and problem solving answers in 10 minutes.

CDR might have helped...but I didn't use it up front and retired takes a lot out of it anyway.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote