• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

SOLD 10/12/12 For Sale API Wiper Motors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

For sale 3 new windshield wiper motors.* I purchased these wipers but the shaft is too small for my trawler.* The description is:* Mfg. API, Shaft 1.5", sweep 110 deg. 12-24V

They can be seen at the following Marinco website.* Just scroll to Page 7.* New $195.00 ea.

Sale $75.00 ea.

http://www.marinco.com/files/Wipers and Horns.pdf

img_3615_0_d58aba1de4f48f05a2860f87e16f1e69.jpg

img_3615_1_c36bb79e067a2f2892407e3eb97e77f0.jpg

img_3615_2_3c8cc764f2de2d1fc7f68dbadf1de410.jpg

-- Edited by ocean on Saturday 4th of June 2011 09:45:39 AM

Attachments

• wiper showing tape .jpg
    wiper showing tape .jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 108
  • wiper with tape 1.jpg
    wiper with tape 1.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by a moderator:
For sale API wiper motors

Ocean:

**When you say the shafts are too small, do you mean too short? *Can you tell me how long the shafts are so I can check my own boat for the application (is that the 1.5" you mentioned in the ad). *We're interested.

Healhustler

Key Biscayne, FL

-- Edited by healhustler on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 12:10:29 PM

re: For Sale API Wiper Motors

Healhustler
Yes I meant the shaft is too short. They are 1.5 inches long, as described on the marico web site

For sale API wiper motors

Thanks, Bert. I'm not able to check right now, but when I get back from a trip to the Gulf Coast, I'll get up in the pilothouse and choose a mounting area, then check for the shaft length I need. It would be a new installation and part of a general pilothouse upgrading project. *The question about the shaft length was mostly because in the photos, it does look a bit more than 1.5" to me, but also gives a good reference now to the size of the whole unit.

-- Edited by healhustler on Friday 3rd of June 2011 09:24:54 AM

I measured the wipers after your last comment that the shaft looks longer than statedI think you are right 2 more photos are attached showing a tape [ruler] it depends where the measurment is taken you should be able to see that* the length varies from 2.5 t0 3 inches. I don't know where the correct measurment should be taken.

Sorry for the confusion

Attachments

• wiper showing tape .jpg
    wiper showing tape .jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 103
  • wiper with tape 1.jpg
    wiper with tape 1.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 97

Hmmm, I'm glad you sent these other photos.......makes a big difference. It seems that in positioning the motors, one could just space it out a bit with a teak or star board block if one needed to. The motors themselves look nautical, and would probably be nice to simply leave exposed. Since these motors would be mounted at the top, rather than the bottom of my windshield, I can't remember how much space is there above the windshield frame. Common sense would say that any part of the shaft that turns would have to be outside. I'm guessing that means from the inside of the serrated nut to the end of the shaft because the 1.5" that they refer to as the mounting length looks like the section from the flat mounting base of the motor casing to the inside of the serrated nut. I'll be back at the boat later today.

OK, Ocean: After trying to turn a template of the mounting base every way that I can, I am not able to place the unit in such a way that a contour of in my windshield frame area doesn't interfere with the shaft length. I would be able to use the 1.5" shaft if I could mount it flush, but no angle works. There is a false drop-type ceiling cover that hides the cables to overhead devices, and although I can cut some reasonable access ports so the motor can extend into that area, there is a contour above the windshield that pulls the shaft to an unusable angle. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, but the only thing I can think of is to re-contour the frame in that area, perhaps weakening the frame mount. Still thinking about it, but didn't want to leave you hanging.

ok np I am working on other things and I had almost forgot about the wipers
Take care

Hi These windshield wipers are still for sale They are new and are perfect for anyone building a boat or doing a retrofit

Hey ocean how far do they wipe i have a narrow windows in my wheelhouse and am unsure if they would go to far, thanks Honeybadger.

Hi
I am not sure how far the sweep is and rather than lead you astray I suggest that you check on the Mfg site
As previously stated they are new ,I have never used them.
I understand that most wipers can be adjusted for different positions

Thanks Ocean i found out everything i needed to know now i have to measure my windows and mounting area.

API wiper motors

The wiper motors are still for sale.
Open to offers
Bert

The URL we quoted is no longer valid. Go to Torresen.com and type in Part No. 35045
All reasonable offers accepted.

Bert

I may be interested and will remove the not working motor today, I think yours may fit. Are they still for sale? I need one but may want 2 so they match, could even get all three but not sure yet.

wiper motors

I may be interested and will remove the not working motor today, I think yours may fit. Are they still for sale? I need one but may want 2 so they match, could even get all three but not sure yet.
Hi
Yes the wiper motors are still for sale
Make me a reasonable offer and they are yours
Bert

Wipers

Thanks for getting back to me. I did not have a chance to remove the broken motor yesterday but will do so today. I will be able the measure it then. Thanks

Rain today so i did not get to it, just wanted to follow up. Will try tomorrow but may not be possible because I have service man coming to the house.

The wiper motors I currently have are a different type. It will be easier if I match the new one to what is currently there. Thanks but I have to pass.

I PM'd an interest in buying them and never heard back.

I PM'd a offer to buy but didn't hear anything back - makes me nervous to purchase now.... is this person reliable???

I PM'd a offer to buy but didn't hear anything back - makes me nervous to purchase now.... is this person reliable???
Flakey...Not looking to buy his anymore. Have at it if you like.

wiper motors

Flakey...Not looking to buy his anymore. Have at it if you like.
Hi Top Knot and others
Sorry I have been away so didn't get to answer all of you. besides this I find the site awkward to work with.
I did respond very recently to Top Knot, hopefully he/she got my message.
I suggest rather than sending me private messages here that you email me at bmeadley@gmail.com or Ph 416 431 4493
Sorry all for any inconvenience caused
Bert

Tiara Are you still interested in the windshield wiper motors ?

Wiper motors

I am not interested because it would be best to get the exact match to what is there now. Thanks.

windshield wiper motors

The wipers are still available Any reasonable offer will be concidered
:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom