engine room headroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, in those above pics those little engines look like lawnmower engines sitting in the deep end of an empty swimming pool!!! There should be some real engines in there with that much room!!

Yep, I agree that those little peashooters do look a little lost in that cavernous space! But, that's the beauty of a twin-engine full-displacement boat - twin 54hp (N37) or 75hp (N47) is actually just about perfect. They run right in the hull's "sweet spot" speed at 80% throttle.

Californian Sundecks do not compare to the Defever Sundecks....IMO

I agree, they are not quite stand up at the forward end of the ER. However they are not bad. I can sit on a stool between the engines and get to most things with plenty of head room.

Stand-up engine room? I can't even stand up straight in my saloon without my head touching the headliner. And forget the staterooms. But, when I remove the ER hatches in the saloon, I get a 9' stand up saloon/engine room.:banghead:

On my low-profile boat, it is impossible to have an enclosed, stand-up engine room. The boat's engine compartment is accessed from hatches in the pilothouse floor, on both sides of the engine as well as directly above. There are battery boxes on both sides so one can usually sit while servicing the engine, electrical, fuel-line, air and water-line components. One can stand up, but one's head and chest will be in the pilothouse. Thankfully, there is little need to put body weight on the knees.

Back
Top Bottom