Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wayfarer,
I agree and I like the boat a lot. I think I always like Charles Nevelle boats. Look how narrow it is. But 2500 gal of fuel tells me I'm dream'in about someone else's boat. Looks like she'd be fast for a FD boat. The buttock lines are easy aft and fairly straight but steep enough for FD. WL length is maximized ... or not far from it. Yes like.

Marty, I do believe that is the best looking Cheoy Lee I have ever seen.:thumb:

"Best looking" because Champion was designed by William Lapworth, he of Cal sailboat fame. She went around the world in the late 1970's. The really interesting part is that her 6-71 engine is in the bow, the foremast is the exhaust. A pretty boat that slides right along, but she really needs the stabilizers.

Not a Trawler, but looks like fun to me.

Attachments

• Teki boat.jpg
    Teki boat.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 220
Would you go to sea in this bad boy? Gambling boat at Port Aransas. Looked sketchy IMO. Not sure I would want to go out in the Gulf in this thing.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439940116.197645.jpg

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439940135.113414.jpg

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439940155.615454.jpg

Would you go to sea in this bad boy? Gambling boat at Port Aransas. Looked sketchy IMO. Not sure I would want to go out in the Gulf in this thing.

Looks like a prison boat out of a old Mad Max movie

siestakey,
One dosn't usually bathe in the sunshine and open air while gambling no?

Looks seaworthy enough to me. No details known however.

Looks like a prison boat out of a old Mad Max movie

Reminded me of The Wally Ace which is 80' by 26' ( I think)

They claim 2mpg at 8kts with twin cat 375hp derated engines at 800 revs.....really?

WallyAce-superyacht-Kanga.jpg

Last edited:
Sexy like a fat girl in a prom dress.

That's a pretty expensive fat girl... ;).
I'm just not feeling the lines of the bow.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Fortunately the dock obscures part of it. I hope the trade off of form for function was worth it.

Edwin Monk Sr. design #2425, a 40' x 12' twin engine cruiser for L. Aves of Vancouver. Design was done in approx 1962-63. Interesting in that there are only two real berths in this boat, and they form the vee-berth in the bow. The original design had no inside controls or handrails on the bridgedeck. The big mast is larger and further forward than the designer intended. There's a galley and dining area with it's own head aft, and a big saloon forward of the bridge. And she has a real engine room under the bridge deck.

Avescruiser.jpg

Gorgeous. Bet the saloon is enormous. And the dining area has its own head.
Everything is a trade off I guess- but methinks the build concept of this girl was for entertaining!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

I'm so pleased that Ed Monk Sr. and Jr. were heavily into designing nearly all Tollycraft.

Even the cockpit has a cockpit! Love that bow bulb paint job... Haha

What was your experience dealing with National Liquidators?

There is a picture of this boat on the Seaton web site in the photo gallery but I couldn't find any specs.

Bout 10 years ago I played with NL regarding a couple boats in the 50' range. I was not impressed by their manners nor the what I felt were considerably too tall prices for what was offered once I visited the boats. I've always found I could get best deals and straightest talk from private owners... not all owners of course, some of them are BSers too. Unlike Friar George who seems to have lucked into a really nice used boat in a very short time, I usually only find nice boats via research and much looking-effort.

What was your experience dealing with National Liquidators?

There is a picture of this boat on the Seaton web site in the photo gallery but I couldn't find any specs.

They are definitely a "different" group of people. Seemed more like a used car lot to me than a yacht brokerage-- a little rough around the edges. They want to get a deal done however.

You make offers on their website in kind of a bid system-- or at least that's how I did it. The prices listed are just a guide. Make an offer. You won't hurt their feelings.

If you don't like it after survey you can walk, just like any other deal.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom