View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 06:40 AM   #60
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
I fail to see that as a problem. Once you're gone, it's not a problem anymore because, well, you're gone and you'll never know what happened next, right?. It might be somebody's problem but it sure won't be ours. So why waste what little time one has left worrying about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Worry does not come into my train of thought here. Helping to keep boating active for the enjoyment of all does. Additionally, to help keep the boating industry alive so that there are continued good services available for all we old salts to have places to tend to our boating needs.

It might bring new entries into Nordhavn's and Fleming's pleasure boating domain, but it's not going to bring anybody into the "used Tollycraft" boating domain. IMHO, there are many “mid-range” persons who just wish they could get kicked into gear to purchase some mid-range classic boat and begin to enjoy pleasure boating. So… I believe… any article that lifts peoples spirits about boating is a good article. USA Today reaches millions in motel/hotel rooms. Many it reaches are dads on biz trip… dads who just need a bit more push over the top to dive into pleasure boating. That silly article just might be the ticket to get some dads into “boating gear”!

If by "our ranks" you mean the majority of the ranks that make up TF-type boaters, there are precious few buyers of the kinds of "trawlers" the article was about that will have any interest in mucking about with pond scum like us. Geeezzz Marin, place a bit higher feeling about yourself. I surely do about myself!
Marin you are an odd chap - to be sure (not saying that I am not one also). You’re smart, accomplished, ready to back up what you say, sarcastic at times, and a kick to argue with… but, also, capable of reading (looking at) things in what I believe is an incorrect stance (as I at times do too). You and I've played around on this forum for years (since I joined in 2011). Please read embeds in your quote above to best discern how I see things… here…

Cheers! - Art
Art is online now   Reply With Quote