View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 07:00 PM   #24
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Forklift Lady View Post
Good Evening TF Family:
Well this is my first. Be gentle! I'm an emotional kind.
After 22 years boating with Forky (and that's being kind) we have found ourself with an empty nest. Our 18 year old- after 1 year of college, has more sense than Mom and Dad. Bahahaha! We are wanting to move quick before he figures it out.
After reassessing unexpected freedom 4-5 years early- we realized that some doors had opened up that could begin a whole new lifestyle. It would require a tremendous amount of work to pull it off- but we have lived this way for the last 18 years with our own business and very little time really enjoying our trawler; although we do better than some getting out.
And so it begins. Where to start? Seattle we think (flying in for a few days in 4 weeks) to have a look around.
Target is 1.5 years (mine is 1 year!!), Did I mention we have three dogs and a squirrel (Sebi)??
I'm not much on anchoring (sorry I'm trying) but I do love to boat, exploring beautiful waterways and wildlife I go nuts over. Would I mind clam chowder in Pikes Market while purchasing fish and flowers? Nothing wrong with that either right??
I am agreeing to live on a trawler!
Seeking wisdom, advice and prayers as we begin our research ?

Patricia Louise II
Present 42 Sundeck
The Best is yet to be!
Wifey B: Omg I thought this would never happen, that I'm about to be the serious one...

More power to you lady. The wisdom to see it's possible in your life and not waiting. We've never looked back although we do still have a house on land. In fact, going to visit it on Friday.

I'm not an anchorer either....sounded like a nice new word to set our linguistics snob off. With three dogs, honestly marinas will be a whole lot easier if you can afford it. I do have to ask you about the dogs though or say one thing. Do what is best for them. You know them better than anyone. Maybe not the same for all three. Maybe best to go. Maybe best to stay behind in the world they know with adoptive parents. Squirrel, I know nothing about taking on a boat and wager no one here does. I know they have lots and lots of nuts....they store them I mean.

There are so many great places to start. I'd look at climates. Always bikini season in FL and you're use to warm in Gulfport. Actually where you now live starting on a very extended cruise to FL and beyond could be great. Wherever you start, you'll love it.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote