New marina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomsboat

Vessel Make
Mainship Trawler
I'm looking to move this year from New Rochelle NY to a marina north of me. Not further then Norwalk CT.I have a 40 ft Mainship trawler .My wife works in NY and the dog and I live on the boat for the summer and as long as we can into the winter.My wife comes up on weekends.We are looking for a nice quiet marina pet friendly.A pool would be nice but not necessary.Tom

Norwalk Cove is very nice and a good location. We had some cruising friends who lived full time on their boat there during the summer through early fall. We visited them there on our boat for a few days and had a great time. Ann got introduced to Stew Leonard's and we were provisioned for weeks!

Last edited:
Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Admiral's great grandparents used to own New Rochelle. Used it as a summer place.

Be careful about Cove, as it is the host for the Norwalk Boat Show every September. You will need to move your boat out of the marina for 2-weeks. I would suggest you consider Wilson Cove Yacht Club in Rowayton, CT. It's very easy to join and the facility is quite pretty and well protected. We used to belong there and were very happy with the marina and the facility. Check it out:Wilson Cove Yacht Club - Home Page.

Howard

You will need to move your boat out of the marina for 2-weeks.

I guess that all depends; my friends didn't have to move out. Also, a lot of the boats get pulled for the season in September.

Back
Top Bottom